IGNORED

Best forum for selling Honda PC800?

Lone_RT_rider

Lone_RT_rider

I am in the midst of getting my Dad's old PC800 running. I am pulling the carbs in the next couple of days and having an expert rebuild them locally. Once the bike is running, I am going to sell it. I am trying to consolidate and get back down to a couple of good running bikes.

Dad%20001.jpg

So, once the bike is road worthy again, what would be the best place to post it? Yes, I will post it here of course, but something tells me there might be a better place for a wider audience for this bike. :)

Shawn

..but something tells me there might be a better place for a wider audience for this bike. :)

Yeah, I don't know where, so I'm no help. But, those things have a bit of a cult following. You need to find them.

Lone_RT_rider
Shawn,

I'm checking with a friend of mine who rides one and knows the forums. I'll post what he tells me.

Glenn

Thanks Glenn, much appreciated.

Lone_RT_rider
Shawn,

My friend came back quickly with the Honda PC800 Pacific Coast Riders Club which looks to have been around almost as long as this board.

Best of luck! :thumbsup:

Here's another page with tons of PC800 specific links.

Thanks Glenn. There are a lot of posting on the link to their selling page (http://www.pc800buysell.org/). Most of the one I see were posted mid last year and updated somewhere in the last couple of months. All are around 3K in price, which I expected. One thing in favor of the PC800 I have is the low mileage. Most of the bikes on that site are 40K and up. Mine has well less than 20K. For that drivetrain, that's damned near factory new.

Don't know about your neck of the woods, but in Arizona Craigslist is the place for anything on 2 wheels.

And judging by some of the offerings, the key word is ANYTHING :grin:

Honda PC800 Pacific Coast Riders Club is the place to go. The one in the picture is a 1990, which was the only year with the candy apple red paint job. I rode a 1996 PC to Alaska in 2006, and I still miss the wonderful "trunk" which was the best luggage system I've ever used on a motorcycle.

0499.JPG

Mine was totaled in a collision a year after I got back in a noon-day collision with a deer in Georgia.

Lone_RT_rider
Mine was totaled in a collision a year after I got back in a noon-day collision with a deer in Georgia.

Wanna buy another one? :grin::thumbsup:

Archived