Software update

C Wallace

I just received a postcard from BMW saying my '14 RTW needs a software update. When I go to the specified website and enter my VIN it says there are no open recalls for my bike...

Does anyone know what that update does? My bike runs really well and I'd hate to muck that up.

I just received a postcard from BMW saying my '14 RTW needs a software update. When I go to the specified website and enter my VIN it says there are no open recalls for my bike...

Does anyone know what that update does? My bike runs really well and I'd hate to muck that up.

Did you read the "Factory Update" posting above?

So I had the updates done today took about 1 hour, the Multifunction switch was the right side one - I guess the Kill Switch. I don't use it but I recall that it could stick in the "Kill" position.

Out of interest here are the before and after dumps of the ECU information from the GS911 - I only show the items that changed. Have no idea of the significance:

Before:

Factory I-Level : K001-14-02-500

Actual I-Level : K001-14-08-510

Program Count : 2

Firmware Date (YY/MM/DD) : 14/09/05

. SW Memory Image (SWFL) :

. . Firmware ID : 0CF7

. . Firmware Version : 017.000.020

. . Firmware ID : 1FB4

. . Firmware Version : 017.000.020

After:

Factory I-Level : K001-14-08-510

Actual I-Level : K001-15-07-521

Program Count : 3

Firmware Date (YY/MM/DD) : 16/02/10

. . Firmware ID : 0CF7

. . Firmware Version : 022.000.000

. . Firmware ID : 1FB4

. . Firmware Version : 022.000.000

When I first got on the bike to ride home the Shift Assist did NOT work - at all! I almost turned around and went back to the dealer. However I remembered that when I first got the bike it didn't work and on the advice of someone (in this forum I think) I switched Modes back and forth a few times (Rain, Road, Dyno) and it started working is this some sort of learning mode? Who knows. Have not noticed any difference in the shifting yet, either manual of Shift Assist.

Geoff

Archived