IGNORED

Temecula Days March 18 and 19

graydude

Temecula Days is on! Since we successfully achieved the critical mass of of a Mototard (think gaggle of geese, flock of sheep, pod of whales) Temecula Days will happen! I will put together the ride for sand, sea and prolly snow for Saturday the 19th. Side stands up at 9:00.

I've called around and the best rate is still the Motel Six at 41900 Moreno Road in Temecula. Friday night is $105 and Saturday is $135 for doubles. Call the corporate number to book a room at 800-899-9841.

The motel is located in the heart of Old Town Temecula and is knee walking distance to restaurants and bars. Music will be playing at various venues into the wee hours on Saturday so bring your dancing shoes.

I will provide refreshments for those arriving Friday provided by yours truly (EDDDDDDD, you still have to finish 4 bottles of Root Beer from last year you light weight).

In years past my wife has brought pizza and salad for those that want to continue the party in the spacious parking lot. We could also try local dining as we will have the town to ourselves this year. More to follow.

I would say its a rain or shine event as I live in Temecula. If it turns out Saturday is a rain bust, I have a three car garage we could turn into a tech day or just drink mass quantities of the beverage of your choice.

More to follow. Looking forward to seeing everyone (except EDDDDDD)

I have no idea at this time.

But I was there last year, so again I may be on the way back from Mexico.

So save one of those root beers for me. Those were excellent.

dc

I've called around and the best rate is still the Motel Six at 41900 Moreno Road in Temecula. Friday night is $105 and Saturday is $135 for doubles.

That's got to be one of the most expensive Motel 6s on the planet! But it's also the nicest Motel 6 I've ever stayed at. And it is the only lodging within crawling distance from the bars and restaurants of Old Town Temecula.

See you there!

Bill Walker

I have paid $150 plus tax in Jackson WY, San Diego (central downtown) and Moab UT Motel6. So maybe you are just not getting around enough, or at least not around to your Motel6s enough.

None of them are $6 anymore, if they ever were.

dc

Bill Walker

I have paid $150 plus tax in Jackson WY, San Diego (central downtown) and Moab UT Motel6. So maybe you are just not getting around enough, or at least not around to your Motel6s enough.

None of them are $6 anymore, if they ever were.

dc

I guess not. Well, it's true I haven't stayed in any other M6s for a number of years.

• 3 weeks later...
Krista Wright

Is this a riding event or just a BS session?

Any interest in helping me do a 600-mile service on my bike if I ride down? :)

I'll step in with my 2c...

It's important, although your choice, that you have the dealer perform the first service. It accomplishes a few things. Amongst others, any service recalls or software updates are performed, and allows a tech to make sure the factory did their due diligence in assembling your motorcycle properly.

As for most riding events here on BMWST, they are exactly as Todd explained. What you would be looking for , would be a tech day in your area to perform maintenance and / or service. They happen from time to time. If nothing pops up, post here and someone may step up. I'm in SJ during the week if all else fails.

As for the dessert, Todd usually handles that. :grin:

Make one of these monthly ride events. Great folks and great roads!

MB>

CoarsegoldKid

Unfortunately due to physical issues beyond my control I must cancel my plans to be in Temecula. I was so looking forward to see all of you.

Is this a riding event or just a BS session?

Any interest in helping me do a 600-mile service on my bike if I ride down? :)

+1 on having stealership do the 600 mile service. After that one, it's easy if someone shows you how. Look for tech daze in "Event Planning" forum.

Havasu Dave

Sorry to see Joe drop. We'll see u in Oakhurst: will bring special liniments. We shall Endeavor to Persevere without you.

Bumpty bump! Temecula Days is happening this weekend! The weather is forecasted to be in the mid 80's on Saturday. I'll have cool beverages for those arriving on Friday. EDDDDDD has to drink year old Root Beer that I hope has turned caustic.

We will start our ride at 9:45 with a short ride to a brand new, state of the art beemer dealer in Murrieta. They will be having food, prizes tec... A great chance to pick up a new shirt for your collection. Then we will be heading west to the ocean. I promise a true sand, sea and snow experience this year.

Dinner is TBD. We can do pizza in the parking lot or hit any of the local restaurants within knee walking distance from the Motel Ritz 6.

Hope everyone can make it! I can be reached at 951-375-9016 is you need assistance.

Year old root beer will be fine with me. My sunny and delightful personality will neutralize any caustic properties.

Route is set. 207 miles. Beverages are chilling. Weather will be perfect. You get to visit with Todd (I'll wait for EDDDDDD). What's not to get excited about? Lunch will be in Julian. We will be visiting the new BMW dealer at the start of of ride. BMW MOA will be there. They are providing Breakfast burritos if you can wait till 10:00.

Let me know if you will need a paper copy or a garmin file of the route before hand.

See everyone this weekend!

Will there be crossing of the double yellows on the ride?

Im working on deciding whether to head south or not!?

I've ridden with Todd several times. He leads a "Smell the Roses" type of ride.

Everyone is ALWAYS encouraged to ride their own ride. If the group gets ahead of you they will stop down the way and let you catch up.

Bill_Walker
Then we will be heading west to the ocean.

Lunch will be in Julian.

I take it we're going to be continuing west for quite some time after we reach the ocean.

See you tomorrow!

Bill_Walker
I've ridden with Todd several times. He leads a "Smell the Roses" type of ride.

Mostly. Last year, he hustled that LT up the "glass elevator" from Borrego Springs at a right quick pace. But we did stop in Ranchita for everybody to catch up.

As a group we are strong proponents of riding your own ride. Bill is correct in that we wait for the group to huddle. We have lots of turns on our ride and it is easy to lose someone in the conga line if we don't pay attention. I just had my 59th birthday last weekend so I'm legally bound to ride a "weed the rose bed ride". It will be a fun ride. Oh, on the ocean, we won't exactly see it.

Bill_Walker

Thanks once again to Graydude for organizing this. I'm pretty sure a fun time was had by all. We couldn't have asked for better weather, and the whole backcountry area was green from recent rains, except in Borrego.

Here's my reconstruction of our ride route (Graydude will let me know if I'm giving away secrets): Google Map

Krista Wright

Thank you Todd/Graydude (even though somehow I missed the opportunity to meet you) for arranging this, and everyone else for your hospitality. It was wonderful to meet so many people. Now, if I can only remember who everyone is when I see your screen names on here! :)

The dealership did a nice job with the social function, and the ride was great. As some probably noticed, along 76, I got separated from the rest of the group when I followed a bike that apparently was not with our group into Mesa Grand Road. Exiting Mesa Grand on 79, I had lunch at the corner of 79 & 78, and then rode 78 back to 15 to Murrieta to the dealership, but none of our group returned.

I will be going back home tomorrow early morning, via the coast for as long as possible.

Krista

Krista, I think I know why you missed meeting Todd...

In fact you probably missed meeting all of us...

Sounds like you went for a ride with the fine folks from BMW MOA.

We started from the Motel 6 and only stopped in at the dealership for about 15 minutes or so. I'm told the burritos were good.

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed your ride, and I will look forward to meeting you in the future!

Maybe in Oakhurst for the NmS event next month. I expect that most, if not all of us will be there along with a couple dozen others.

:wave:

Krista Wright

We started from the Motel 6 and only stopped in at the dealership for about 15 minutes or so. I'm told the burritos were good.

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed your ride, and I will look forward to meeting you in the future!

Maybe in Oakhurst for the NmS event next month. I expect that most, if not all of us will be there along with a couple dozen others.

I certainly hope that you're just pulling my leg!!

Sorry Krista, we never saw you. Our event started at motel six as was identified in the invitation. Sounds like you me some nice strangers but they weren't us!

I certainly hope that you're just pulling my leg!!

May need the Whip quote here... "Could happen to anyone" :grin:

Bummer but still a better ride than what I had! Zippo! :(

Pat

Well Krista, sounds like the stars aligned just right to save you from those hooligans......There is a reason for everything.....

However the NmS event in Oakhurst next month should certainly be on your short list of things to do.....Its a great time.

Archived