IGNORED

Blowing away the cobwebs

Steve1962

Bloody hell, it's been too long since I had the bike out, and today we had a break in the weather (if you can call blowing a gale and near freezing temps a break in the weather), so I got all "winter biking geared" up and headed out for a 50 mile ride, with no particular plan other than to get some riding under my belt for the first time this year.

A quick blast across country to Stow on the Wold on the exposed A424,with the sun doing it's utmost to remain stubbornly hidden behind the clouds that were racing across the sky, and then a leisurely saunter along the B4068, passing through Lower Swell, finding the road a bit dicey in places with a lot of gravel around - I'd planned to continue on for a good distance on this road but the weather closed in ahead of me, and I took an instant dislike at the anger in the dark and ominous clouds that were gathering to ambush me, so I turned around and high tailed it back to Stow.

With the sun now trying to come out, I took the turning for Chipping Norton along the A436, following in the filthy wake of a juggernaut - BUGGER, I HATE THAT !!

Thankfully at Chippie I peeled of onto the A361 towards Burford with a clear road ahead of me, then left onto the B4026 past Jeremy Clarkson's place to Charlbury, riding through some nice open countryside taking in the lovely little village of Spelsbury along the way.

From Charlbury I took the Witney road (B4022), and after several miles turned right and homeward bound.

All in all a very cold, blustery, yet thoroughly enjoyable ride to get me nicely tuned up for the many miles of riding to come during the course of this year.

No pheasants were harmed in the duration of this ride (well, gotta save some for the locals to shoot eh).

I didn't take any photos (.....you can all get back up now) but did have the Go Pro stuck on the crash helmet so at some point I'll post a ride video.

Steve

And will we see Jeremy in his front yard shaking his fist at you? :rofl:

Thanks for the play by play, both the objective (all the roads you travelled) but the subjective. That made it much more enjoyable. Especially as we got over 30" of snow (.75 meter) here last weekend, so I am ways removed from riding.

And will we see Jeremy in his front yard shaking his fist at you? :rofl:

Thanks for the play by play, both the objective (all the roads you travelled) but the subjective. That made it much more enjoyable. Especially as we got over 30" of snow (.75 meter) here last weekend, so I am ways removed from riding.

Thanks Glenn, I'd been so missing riding.

30cm of snow would bring this country to it's knees!!

Here's hoping you get back on the road soon.

Steve

Good to see you on a short ride. Wish the wx was better for you. Hope to see you on this side of the pond sometime in the future. :wave:

Good to see you on a short ride. Wish the wx was better for you. Hope to see you on this side of the pond sometime in the future. :wave:

Marty,

I may be coming to Florida with friends in October.

Ride safe.

Steve

Let me know if you do. I'll ride down for a cuppa.

Look forward to it Marty, just hope the weather is better than when we last met :grin::grin::grin:

Steve

It was so horrible that as you know I rented a car for 3 days and left the moto chained to a rail at the holiday inn.

It was so horrible that as you know I rented a car for 3 days and left the moto chained to a rail at the holiday inn.

Well,

You would insist on visiting Blighty in high season :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Archived