IGNORED

Any opinions?

DJ_Fission

Dave McReynolds

His experience is that people are confrontational in traffic with him until they find out he is a man, and a fit one at that, then they back off. His conclusion is that some people are confrontational with women solely because of their male egos. Another possible conclusion is that he is being a little too aggressive in traffic, attracting confrontation, and when people see that they are outmatched, they back off because of their survival instinct.

I expect to be honked at in traffic maybe a couple of times a year, and when that happens, I just shrug it off. If I am honked at in traffic a couple of times in the same day, I have to think that maybe I am the problem, and not them, and so I purposely back it off some. I wonder if that thought ever occurs to him?

+1

"...this, or something like this, has happened to me nearly a dozen times in the past few years."

Really? I haven't had that many "confrontations" in over 45 years of driving. Perhaps if he had a bit more patience, did not use his horn to express displeasure and merged properly his life would be more peaceful, regardless of his hair length.

His experience is that people are confrontational in traffic with him until they find out he is a man, and a fit one at that, then they back off. His conclusion is that some people are confrontational with women solely because of their male egos. Another possible conclusion is that he is being a little too aggressive in traffic, attracting confrontation, and when people see that they are outmatched, they back off because of their survival instinct.

I expect to be honked at in traffic maybe a couple of times a year, and when that happens, I just shrug it off. If I am honked at in traffic a couple of times in the same day, I have to think that maybe I am the problem, and not them, and so I purposely back it off some. I wonder if that thought ever occurs to him?

+1

As I get older, I try to remember to be kinder than necessary. I don't always succeed. :dopeslap:

. . .he is being a little too aggressive in traffic, attracting confrontation, and when people see that they are outmatched, they back off because of their survival instinct.

. . .

Like this picture I came across

12675.jpg

Archived