IGNORED

Just a Thought

Woodchips

My trip from Calgary to Newfoundland last fall was to include a side trip down south to ride a portion of the Blue Ridge Parkway, however, as is often the case, the plans had to be changed when the allotted time was shortened by unforeseen events back home.

While on the ride home, I got to thinking about trying to make it down in 2016, but after calculating the time and cost that would be needed to really enjoy a fraction of the riding in the area, I came up with an idea that I would like to throw out to members living in that area for their thoughts.

For my part, my home is less then 1 hour from Banff and the Rocky Mountains, and the gateway to Lake Louise and Jasper. Other routes heading south and west offer rides that we up here often take for granted but would be of interest to someone who would like to get up close and personal with the Rocky Mountains, Vancouver is an easy two-day leisurely ride.

I was wondering if there were members in the area of the Smokey Mountains that would be interested in an “exchange ride”, I have two RT1100’s in excellent shape and being retired, have the time to accompany someone who is in a position to reciprocate with a spare motorcycle in there home area.

Airport pick-up, accommodation recommendations, and real area information would make a trip much more enjoyable and allow for more riding and less guessing.

While I have thought of a number of concerns associated with such a plan, I would appreciate any feedback members would like to provide, this is just an idea that may or may not work, but I would like to put it out there for discussion.

Thanks

Ron In Calgary

Someone should take you up on this idea. The riding in your area is wonderful/been in that area several times. I'll be up that way this summer but that doesn't help in your plan.

Archived