IGNORED

Why Are They So Hard to Find?

Ever since the Wethead RT came out, I've been keeping a weather eye on sundry classified sites for a used genuine BMW or Touratech tank bag to come up, given my FAMSA tank bag is starting to look a bit ragged. Plus, I really like the look of them but I am too cheap to buy new. :rofl:

In over two years since the Wethead came out, I am yet to find a single one. Yes, I know there was one for sale her in the classifieds a while back but when shipping was included it came as more than a new BMW bag straight from the dealer.

Are people hoarding these things? :grin:

I have a feeling that accessories like that get sold after the bike is traded in or sold outright. You don't get any money on them for trade in-so just keep them and sell them.

Could be the new Wetheads are being kept longer by owners and not traded in/sold as often as previous generations. I don't see many used bikes for sale, compared to previous models.

I have a feeling that accessories like that get sold after the bike is traded in or sold outright. You don't get any money on them for trade in-so just keep them and sell them.

Could be the new Wetheads are being kept longer by owners and not traded in/sold as often as previous generations. I don't see many used bikes for sale, compared to previous models.

Sorry, I worded the post wrong. :P

I am actually looking for a Camhead/Hexhead tank bag. I imagined with so many bikes being traded in for the new liquid cooled models more accessories and spare parts would pop up as people cleared the shed of what they didn't need anymore.

Instead Hexhead/Camhead parts seem to become harder and harder to come by, including the fabled tank bag.

I know what you mean...

(This is not advertising- it is a public service announcement)

In that category, I have a set of Moto-Technique Risers from my '05 RT... (Hex head for sure but may also fit Cam heads)... also the PTT Switch from Autocom.

PM on this site.

In October, I traded in my 2006 R1200RT for a 2015 GSA. I have a relatively new RT tank bag that I kept (it was my second, having replaced my original tank bag a couple of years ago). It's sitting in my basement because I just haven't gotten around to doing anything with it. But, as you say, shipping it to Europe probably doesn't make much sense.

One issue here in US is that Touratech stuff is priced a lot higher than EU.Yes,I'm aware of the VAT for you.

So,between what folks may ask for a used bag here(to recoup part of the initial high dollar purchase price)and shipping to you may not make good economic sense.

JR356

Ebay is where you're likely to find one closer to where you're located.

That's part of the problem: the search has been going for about two years there with zero luck.

Spare parts for Hexheads used to be pretty common until about last year but it seems supply is drying up. This affects GS as well, pretty unbelievable considering it has been Europe's best selling bike for a decade now.

Archived