If anyone has the OEM Comfort Screen for RTW....

NoelCP

If you happen to have one please check some measurements for me. The dealer has offered to swap out to the comfort screen on a new purchase but I'm 1-up riding and I have a sense the comfort screen may not actually be taller but is mainly wider and so might help more w/ a passenger. i'm 6'3" and will order the higher seat option and was hoping to improve a little more on the stock screen.

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-12%20at%206.14.18%20PM_zpsadpch91w.jpg

Thanks!

Nice write up Moshe. I ask because it would be great to have a one-screen solution for warm to cold temps and would prefer to order the lowest screen that would still work at high speeds for a 6'3" rider w/ 34-35" inseam. Also, how far down from fully up do you find that halcyon space at high speeds given your height/inseam? I understand they recommend the next size up but if you've found peace and have the screen several inches down from full up the 24" may work.

Thanks

Thank you. The designer of the Werks screen is on this forum, and I hope he chimes in. As the article states, my screen isn't even halfway up, and I'm currently riding in below freezing temps here in the northeast - no problem. I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam. I imagine at your height, you'd need the next size up shield.

-MKL

Just so you know Noel. I purchased the BMW comfort screen and used it for a few weeks. It's definitely better than the stock screen but after hearing about the Werks screen I gave it a try and it's better that the BMW comfort screen by far. Order the Werks you wont be disappointed

I ordered the comfort screen because the BMW sale literature stated that it was taller and wider than the standard screen.

I got a full refund from my dealer when they checked and found the screen was exactly the same height as stock. As a side note, it was a bit better in use but is only a very small amount wider and almost the same profile.

PS - I am 6'4"

Hang on

The dealer offered him to swap out the screen..so no cost involved.

Why would he go and "purchase" another screen if he can get this one for nothing?

I would suggest to take the dealer up on the offer and if you are still not satisfied, then you can have a look at the aftermarket screens.

Hang on

The dealer offered him to swap out the screen..so no cost involved.

Why would he go and "purchase" another screen if he can get this one for nothing?

I would suggest to take the dealer up on the offer and if you are still not satisfied, then you can have a look at the aftermarket screens.

That's right, however I talked to the dealer and he will give me the same credit on any other accessories or what have you, so will honor their original agreement. I think polycarbonate seems better than acrylic though I probably shouldn't bring up this contentious topic! Seems like the comfort screen is more aimed at the 2nd rider since it's the same height as the standard screen. They do look nice though! I will go ahead and ride awhile w/ the standard screen--it may be good enough for me. 'Good enough' means my Sena will work adequately. I'm think I'm going to end up needing earplugs anyway. Bike is due for delivery in about 2mo, but I'm prepping for a long ride in June so will have some testing time to shake it all out. Still would like to see the V-stream from different angles as it's poly. For aesthetics and maybe somewhat comparable ride quality the Cee Baily's screens like quite good too. Thanks all

Archived