IGNORED

15 Wet Head will not stay running.

LAF

Here is a GS-911 report.

21FD62: Injector, cylinder 1 (right for Boxer), output open circuit

This fault occurred 24 times.

The fault is not present now.

21FD71: Injector, cylinder 2 (left for Boxer) or cylinder 5 for 6 cylinder (2nd cylinder in firing order), output short circuit to battery positive

This problem occurred once.

21FD72: Injector, cylinder 2 (left for Boxer) or cylinder 5 for 6 cylinder (2nd cylinder in firing order), output open circuit

This fault occurred 23 times.

1400 miles on it. It got towed to the dealer.

BMW LT Forums sent me here and to ask if Dirt Rider can shed any light.

It will run for a block and die. Shut off and it may restart may not. If it does it goes a block or two dies again. The bike has sat due to an injury but gas was drained and replaced with new, battery was fully tended.

I lite up a engine light on the dash. Had a Mode light on changed it to Rain and it got me about a 1/4 mile home. Will sit and idle. Waiting on the tow I wiggled the wire running to starter button and could cause a start or a shutoff.

Only adds are risers, no electrics other then heated gear cable direct to battery. Pretty bummed so any ideas and help would be appreciated.

How long did it sit?

Will it idle without shutting down?

It is a 2015 yes? If so, still in warranty. Tell the dealer in no uncertain terms you expected it fully fixed and thoroughly tested before return. If the bike is that new, it is their problem not yours.

The bike sat for 12-14 weeks. The battery was tended. The gas was drained and fresh Star Tron treated put in. On the first start it will idle. After the first die it will idle sometimes but most time not.

The risers may be to blame as I said waiting on the tow I needed to get it up my short drive which is a pretty steep hill. I started it and wiggled the wire running to the start button and it would die.

After that install I rode 4-500 miles no issues. However here in PA it has gotten very cold so I am wondering if the cold is bringing out a issue from the riser install or just a bad switch set?

Sounds like a wiring issue, either to the RH handlebar switch or the ignition block (if present).

On my brother's GS similar (but random) problems were cause by a peeled wire to the ignition key.

Dealer Service called today and said they had to order in the switch and will replace that.

He said there were like 3 recalls on switches and although mine was not one he feels for sure the issue.

I asked him if he replicated the at idle, wiggle the wire on the bottom of the grip, and it dies with a no start. He said as soon as we hung up the last time we talked he replicated it as I explained it.

He was saying something about three wires and was not sure if it was ever connected or just worked loose? I did not question him on this, and what he meant, like if that is how he found mine when inspecting it, but will try to get a better explanation when I pick it up.

I also asked if he would set the turn signals to shortest time/distance and he again said he would but in his opinion still too long.

So seems a switch that has been ongoing from what he said and I think I have read here.

I hope it is the issue, and solves it, although switches on a outdoor craft you would think would be bullet proof.

I will know more next week after it is done and I get to pick it up.

Thank you all for helping and suggesting what the issue was/is.

Picked the bike up today and all is fine.

They replaced the right switch block. He showed me my part and the new the only difference I see is a bit more red of the stop start button. My old part next to it was more orange to it.

He said the connector was not snapped in all the way. He actually felt it snap in when he was messing with it. That is why he said he wanted to order me a new switch.

He also set my turn signals for me while I was there and I received updates. Seems there were a few including another for the transmission. As he is updating they have to turn the ignition on and off at times. It stopped and warned I had to relearn the transmission which is keeping it in each gear for 10 seconds, you need to check a box to continue on. He said the system had just been updated so my bike has the latest and greatest of everything software wise now. The Computer is pretty amazing in what it does to our bikes these days.

All seems well.

Pretty happy to pick it up and get a quick 50 miles of grins in.

Picked the bike up today and all is fine. As he is updating they have to turn the ignition on and off at times. It stopped and warned I had to relearn the transmission which is keeping it in each gear for 10 seconds, you need to check a box to continue on.

Gr8 Lee! Tell me, what does this mean, 'which is keeping it in each gear for 10 seconds' Is this a Shift Assist issue?

Archived