IGNORED

Salida CO, UN Rally Pre-Ride and Festivities .. July 22-24

Whip

Francois_Dumas

Looks like Nina and I will be arriving in Albuquerque around 1 pm. Not sure how long it will take us to reach Salida from there. We'll do our utmost of course ! :-)

Looks like Nina and I will be arriving in Albuquerque around 1 pm. Not sure how long it will take us to reach Salida from there. We'll do our utmost of course ! :-)

About 5 hours

We need to make a plan, no need to rent a car for 9 days.

I will pick you up or figure something else out.

L

Don't know if the timing works, but Albq is sorta 'on the way' from Tucson to Salida .... I'm trailering so I'll have the Durango and lots of room.

Don't know if the timing works, but Albq is sorta 'on the way' from Tucson to Salida .... I'm trailering so I'll have the Durango and lots of room.

That is what I am talking about!

Francois_Dumas

Sound like a better idea than to drive a rental and park it for 8 days :-) It would be great if you could pick us straddlers up, Chris !

Initial flight searches indicate we'd be landing around 1 pm in Albuquerque. Still need to book...... we're having to juggle drop-off and pick-up times :-) There's a reason I hate flying these days.

... It would be great if you could pick us straddlers up, Chris !

It'd be a pleasure to stop by and give you a lift. Once you've booked the flight, just let me know and we'll work it out from there. My email is in my profile or PM .

Should be two more with me Joel and Ken but I haven't talked to them in a while. I will see them at the START.

Alan

I will see y'all at START

• 2 weeks later...
DaveCinNO

Good to meet you in Helen, Whip. Finally have permission to do the UN trip so I'm going to tie a visit to Whipville in with this trip too. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

marcopolo
Good to meet you in Helen, Whip. Finally have permission to do the UN trip so I'm going to tie a visit to Whipville in with this trip too. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Good stuff, Dave.

Wonderful!

Whip - I'm not sure I posted here that I too will be attending the pre-ride gathering in Salida. Will be riding out with Mark (Markopolo) from DC.

• 2 weeks later...

Larry, as of right now I plan on being in town on the 23rd. I'd love to take part in the 8:00 am ride & dinner that night. Any requirements on my part other than showing up? I unfortunately can't make the trek up to Red lodge.

Thanks,

Pat

Larry, as of right now I plan on being in town on the 23rd. I'd love to take part in the 8:00 am ride & dinner that night. Any requirements on my part other than showing up? I unfortunately can't make the trek up to Red lodge.

Thanks,

Pat

Nope, just stay tuned.

Looking forward to seeing you

L

Sounds like an awesome time for sure! :thumbsup: I'll be heading out on the 16th but, unsure if I'll run I-70 or 80. Grey F150 hauling a blue bike. :)

Pat

Whip, change my tentative to a big yes. I forgot that I'm attending a family reunion in downstate Illinois the previous Sunday. Instead of returning home, I'll just go back to the motel and leave for Salida Monday morning. Talk about a lazy trip! I might get there a day or two early. If I do, and if you're to busy to meet up, don't sweat it. I'll find things to do. Or I can can help with prep.

Will probably leave for the Un on Sunday.

• 1 month later...

Just checking on the trailer space situation. Considering the heat and humidity riding from New Orleans across Texas I may elect to trailer to Salida and ride from there. Got room for one more rig?

Just checking on the trailer space situation. Considering the heat and humidity riding from New Orleans across Texas I may elect to trailer to Salida and ride from there. Got room for one more rig?

No problem, leave it at our house.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to attend the pre-party. This might open up a little room at Whip's casa.

See everyone in Montana we hope.

Mrs Whip has requested a head count for Friday night's dinner at Whipville North.

Eddd...1

Azkaiser...2

Nando...1

BrianT...1

Burt...1

Francois...2

JustJean...2

Chris Olson...1

hANNAbONE...1

Fightfight911..2 1/2

LawnchairBoy...4

Limecreek...2

JohnLT...2

MarkGoodrich...2

***Chris***...2

Red Racer...2

One...2

Louis...2

KTM Doug...1

FyinFinn...1

Foot...1

Bud...1

Coarsegoldkid...2

rogera...2

Santa...?

marcopolo...?

Scout6...?

RT Russ?

40 plus ?

Who did I miss?

Who did I add that ain't gonna make it?

KIller?

LBump ... 2

Riding 750 to Cortez on Thursday. See ya Friday. :wave:

Add Dave C (DaveCinNewOrleans)

Also Bob S (EndoBob)

Don't over-count (Endobobdds was included in my earlier post).

Hi Dave.

chrisolson

Chris Olson (1) and Francois (2) may not arrive until 8PM or later depending on the flight arrival time in Albuquerque and our subsequent departure for Salida. Hopefully there'll be some left overs :Cool:

• 2 weeks later...
roadscholar

Loading stuff in this oppressive humidity is no fun but westward ho nonetheless. Tewks is a day or two ahead of me, he left this morning and is well into Ohio, the boy's flyin' :)

In Limon Co tonight, Bill is somewhere around Dallas Fort Worth. Looks like I just edged him out on our unofficial CC gumball Rally! :grin: Tomorrow I hope to be Rocky Mountain High on the summit of Pike's Peak! :thumbsup:

Pat

Mr Garmin will get you close to our house...follow the neon poster board from there.

6322 County Road (CO) 178

Salida 81201

Or call from your hotel and I will pick you up

cell# 210-394-3221

Whip

Just booked a room at the Gateway Inn for Friday and Saturday nights. Current plan, still to be completely nailed down, is to ride out west with Endobobdds and arrive Salida on Friday, the 22nd. We would spend Friday and Saturday nights in Salida, then depart for Red Lodge on Sunday.

My friend Tim, from Laramie, Wyoming, has signed up for the UnRally and he plans to ride down to Salida and meet up with Bob and me, so there will be three of us in town for the pre-UN festivities (Friday and Saturday). All three of us will depart Salida on Sunday.

That's the plan as of now.

By the way, for those who have not read Bob's (Endobobdds) post in the thread on April's "START" event in Helen, Georgia, Bob is recovering from major surgery. Surgery notwithstanding, Bob still plans on making it to the UnRally and to the "pre-UN" in Salida.

I'll say this... !! Endobobdds just finished 120 miles of Dirt n Rock on a Great ride lead by Roadscholar and we had a blast! Even if endo did an endo... He's in great shape! :thumbsup:

I'll say this... !! Endobobdds just finished 120 miles of Dirt n Rock on a Great ride lead by Roadscholar and we had a blast! Even if endo did an endo... He's in great shape! :thumbsup:

It was a great day of dirt riding! It had been 43 years since I had done any serious off road riding - and I love it! Thanks to Bill (Roadscholar) and Pat (Tewks) it was a fabulous day! The minor get off was just a reminder of my past days of serious dirt riding. Ride hard, ride often, and eventually suffer a few set backs. All worth it to me! :thumbsup:

roadscholar

Fun times for sure Bob, you and Larry B and Chris O were great, I was surprised how quick you guys picked it up. We'll get some pics up sooner or later.

P.S. Lost and Found, Larry your liner and Bobs side stand foot are in the back of Whip's trailer, should arrive Mon afternoon.

Fun times for sure Bob, you and Larry B and Chris O were great, I was surprised how quick you guys picked it up. We'll get some pics up sooner or later.

Our tour guide extraordinaire, Bill!

image.jpg1_zpswtlvwnsj.jpg

Bob

image.jpg2_zpssj9z015v.jpg

Miko

image.jpg4_zpsan57krzb.jpg

Larry

image.jpg3_zpsfkumit9f.jpg

Pat

Archived