IGNORED

ABS III fault

awagnon

About three years ago, my ABS unit on my 2002 1150RT crapped out, so I removed it and rode with non-ABS for three years. I finally got around to re-installing the ABS as a winter project. Long story why it took so long. Anyway, the ABS module was "fixed" by Module Master of Idaho and checked out fine. I installed the unit and all was well until bleeding the front lower wheel circuit. Now I get a fault: "Integral ABS 17914: Faulty power supply to warning lamp relay." I have a new battery, fully charged. Unable to clear the code as the problem persists. I found an identical post from 2008, but no resolution. Anyone have any idea where to start. The brakes actually seem fine when testing them. One other thing, when I run the diagnostics with my GS911, it says the voltage to the ABS is only 9.2 Volts while the battery is showing 12.8 volts. Is that normal? Any help would be appreciated. Plan B is to remove the *#@$% ABS again and live without it.

Al

Well, I fixed my own problem. I removed the warning lamp relay. Cleaned the contacts and replaced it. Working fine now. What a relief. Sorry I didn't try this before posting my question. I can't figure out how to delete the original post.

Al

Al,

Glad you fixed the problem. Let's leave the post. It will likely help someone in the future with the same fault code. Probably me. :/

Archived