IGNORED

ABS Turned Itself Off

David Litchford

David Litchford

The dreaded alert triangle appeared today on my 2014 RT and a note that the ABS was turned off. I don't know how it got turned off because I don't know how to turn it off or on.

Anyone know how to turn the ABS back on? Any ideas what might have caused this? Does it require a dealer? A search was no help at all. Brakes are working fine. 80 miles from a dealer.

David....I can't find anything in the manual to turn off/on. The manual says the triangle is for ASC off...which you can turn on or off via the menu while sitting still.

If it is the ABS, I would try this first. Turn key off, let sit a few seconds, turn back on and let all the start up menus go through their routine before you start the bike. Start the bike and ride it to about 5 mph. Remember the ABS light will stay on until you hit 3.3 mph. If you are just starting it standing still it will stay on.

If all that doesn't help, then call dealer and ask before going. You can ride it without ABS just remember to allow more time for braking....according to the manual on page 36 of your manual.

Possible computer glitch caused by a low battery voltage or a wheel sensor that has failed. Try restarting or charge the battery fully and then restart. If this does not clear the warning, then have your dealer check for problems.

Archived