IGNORED

The trip from hell.

Bud

We left home the day after Thanksgiving, we returned home last Saturday.

Went to Marina Jack's in Sarasota, FL.

Here is a recap of the trip.

Burnt exhaust valve. $1,400.

Leaking water pump. $300.

Leaking prop shaft seal. No cost yet because we pulled the boat.

Bought new trailer. On way home rear ended a van on I 75 N of Atlanta.

Brakes on trailer are not working.

Nancy is ready to sell boat.

I'm putting it in storage till April and then we will decide.

Pretty bummed out. :dopeslap::cry:

The old saying stands. "the two best days of boat ownership is the day you purchase it, and the day you sell it".

Bright side, Final Drives, Hall Effect Sensors & Valve Adjustments are now child's play. :grin:

Chin-up, could be worse! :thumbsup: Well, maybe a little. :eek:

Pat

The old saying stands. "the two best days of boat ownership is the day you purchase it, and the day you sell it".

Bright side, Final Drives, Hall Effect Sensors & Valve Adjustments are now child's play. :grin:

Chin-up, could be worse! :thumbsup: Well, maybe a little. :eek:

Pat

Yes, it could be worse.

Like Rob Nye's last IBA attempt on a state of the art GS prepped by Max BMW.

Here is a pic of his FD that caught fire during his ride and a suggested fix.

145089482632.jpg

It can always be worse.

On the bright side:

It always works out in then end. Sometimes not in the way we wish. I just keep reminding myself that we are alive, well, healthy and blessed.

6 healthy grand children. 3 children still married to their first spouse. A wife that loves me. 2 Beemers in the garage, retirement income, health insurance, a home we enjoy and life long friends.

A former boss always said things like this are "Just a bump in the road!" He was right.

And understanding friends that offer encouragement.

It's all good. :thumbsup:

A popular saying:

"A boat is a hole in the water into which you pour money."

Unfortunately you've discovered this pouring money thing doesn't stop even when the boat is on dry land.

Sorry to hear about the run of bad luck.

Does Nancy understand the ramifications of a mutiny?

Home safely is a plus.

Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy the family.

Best wishes.

Thanks Ed and Tim for the kind words.

Merry Christmas as well. Looking forward to having family home by an open fire opening gifts and seeing the faces of the Grands when they open their gifts from Nana and Papa.

Looking forward to having family home by an open fire

That sounds lovely. I'm sure it will be fine. Merry Christmas and happy marshmallows to all.

CSIA_ChimneyFireHouse.jpg

Looking forward to having family home by an open fire

That sounds lovely. I'm sure it will be fine. Merry Christmas and happy marshmallows to all.

CSIA_ChimneyFireHouse.jpg

Cold, very very cold. :grin:

Whew - I was sweating your reaction a bit! :thumbsup:

So, in the "Misery Loves Company" category, here is a text I received from my sister today:

"My car got broken into yesterday right after I picked (her daughter) up from the airport. Both Girls' weekend gear and presents and $$ are gone. Then we hit a curb in the pouring rain - two wrecked tires. We headed directly to a bar for a cocktail after the tow truck departed and they were awful. I declared that the 3rd and final bad thing. So all is looking up! Merry Christmas."

Dave McReynolds

Hopefully Bud, you've used up your share of bad breaks for the next few years. Sorry it had to happen to you, and hope the skys are sunny from now on!

Whew - I was sweating your reaction a bit! :thumbsup:

So, in the "Misery Loves Company" category, here is a text I received from my sister today:

"My car got broken into yesterday right after I picked (her daughter) up from the airport. Both Girls' weekend gear and presents and $$ are gone. Then we hit a curb in the pouring rain - two wrecked tires. We headed directly to a bar for a cocktail after the tow truck departed and they were awful. I declared that the 3rd and final bad thing. So all is looking up! Merry Christmas."

Those who know me know my sense of humor is a little twisted sometimes :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear of all the problems your sister faced. Some days it seems like you just can not win.

Hopefully Bud, you've used up your share of bad breaks for the next few years. Sorry it had to happen to you, and hope the skys are sunny from now on!

Dave,

My son's father-in-law told me tonight that I've been the luckiest guy he knows when it comes to buying used boats and the averages just caught up to me on this one boat. Maybe he is right.

Buying and selling things, I've believed that being honest when selling pays off when buying. At least that is the way it seemed to be in the past. :dopeslap:

It always does.

Buying used is a crap shoot regardless of knowledge and experience.

Nothing personal on the part of the machine, just time and place for it to happen.

We have both the twins home from NICU now so all four 3 and under boys here today.

:Cool:

Nothing any machine does can matter unless we let it.

Best wishes.

It always does.

Buying used is a crap shoot regardless of knowledge and experience.

Nothing personal on the part of the machine, just time and place for it to happen.

We have both the twins home from NICU now so all four 3 and under boys here today.

:Cool:

Nothing any machine does can matter unless we let it.

Best wishes.

Congrats on the kids home from the NICU. Nancy and I have nothing but praise for those who work there. 3 of our grand children each spent 6 weeks in the NICU. Miracles happen every day there.

I know how special it is when they finally get home.

A wonderful Christmas for your whole family.

Give them a big hug from their BMWST family.

Merry Christmas to you all.

• 2 weeks later...

Assuming the boat has an inboard motor, I seem to recall you have some experience with boats, so you probably know that the prop shaft seal (aka packing gland) is supposed to leak a little bit, but I'll mention it here in hopes that I might provide some good news. I'm guessing your complaint means that it's leaking much more than the few drops per minute it's supposed to.

Bud,

I've got a 1996 22' Chaparral that my dad was "nice" enough to give me about 7 years ago. I'm going to rename it the "4 to 1"

4 hours of repair/maintenance per 1 hour on the water.

Bud,

I've got a 1996 22' Chaparral that my dad was "nice" enough to give me about 7 years ago. I'm going to rename it the "4 to 1"

Is Dad giving you some payback for being a pain in the butt teenager? :lurk:

Bud,

By the time I fix everything that can go wrong, the ratio will begin to change. That's my hope!!!!

Bud,

Not a chance. I was a perfect kid. ;)

Bud,

By the time I fix everything that can go wrong, the ratio will begin to change. That's my hope!!!!

Right. It starts at 8:1. :rofl:

Bud,

Not a chance. I was a perfect kid. ;)

bsflag.gif

I've been waiting for a chance to use this. :grin:

Archived