IGNORED

Where to get touch up paint for Ebony?

fourteenfour

Friend gave my bike its first scratch, fortunately its not super noticeable until you see it then its always seen.

dealer didn't have any on lookup

NC9 is the code for the bikes color combination. Meaning an Ebony will get the different colored side panel below the tank as well as the ebony color. So far, NC9 does NOT crossover in any paint providers chart.

This might help: BMM.M47 The PPG mix code is:

970.2 D740 black

40.4 PRLX6 Frost Red

33.9 0752 Red

I went to local auto paint store and they looked up the bike and mixed the paint. Perfect match to do my top case. GT

Manufacturer?

MB>

Sidecars? I'm guessing you mean panniers?

If so, there are several kits around that supply pre-cut clear 3M protective sheeting which affords excellent protection. Indeed my son purchased a kit that covered just about everything on the bike that was painted. It also covered the headlight and other transparencies, I believe.

Lift your leg and foot higher.

I'm too old

As careful as I try to be, it happens. What happens?

:grin:

If your stand has a good footing, I sometimes will step on the peg and swing my leg over.

Pat

BMW calls it NC9, look here.

http://parts.bmwmotorcycles.com/a/BMW_2015_R1200RT/__6212987/Painted-parts-WNC9-quarzblau-metallic/51_9646.html

Don't know if Colorite has it though. Or whether BMW has touch up yet.

I'll need it also, looking to finish my top case.

I think Roadwolf did his, I'll PM him....stand by.

MB>

Ok, I got ahold of the paint shop that did my top case and tells me the manufacturer of the paint is DBC. All I did was give them the year,model and color of the bike and they looked it up on there computer and came up with the code and mixed it. He said any good auto paint store can do that. The color was a perfect match. There is a clear coat over the color. Hope this helps. GT

On the same subject of paint, what is the best way to protect the paint on top of the sidecars from the scuffs and rubs from boots.

Larry

Drop the side cases to your local car wrapping place and tell them to wrap the cases in the thickest closest color matching film they have.

I don't know which color your bike is, but 3M has a pretty thick which is a great match for most BMW blacks and is pretty damn thick to boot. Looks much better than clear protectors and, even when labor is factored in, is usually cheaper than the best available kits.

• 3 weeks later...
On the same subject of paint, what is the best way to protect the paint on top of the sidecars from the scuffs and rubs from boots.

Larry

There are a few places you can buy clear protective film to protect your bike and install yourself. I've used Tankslapperz on several bikes. They sell kits of pre-cut clear film to protect your bike. Install is not as easy as shown for me but with practice I get better.

Check out this link: https://thetankslapper.biz/. This will give you some general information. Select the "Buy One" link on the upper right side to start seeing what offer for your bike.

If you have never done it before you may want to get an extra set of one of the less expensive kits to learn on.

Archived