IGNORED

Distracted drivers

StuGotz

Heads up folks.

Tis the season for distracted drivers. Everyone seems to be in the holiday spirit, which means for interesting situations for us riders. Frenzied shoppers about, buzzed drivers after the office party, drivers using their smart phones...etc.

For those of us still riding this time of year, use special caution when on the bike. I personally have had more close calls in the last two weeks than ALL year. So I know it's that time of season.

Let's keep our heads on a swivel.

Be safe out there. :thumbsup:

MB>

Yes...Houston drivers are insane this time of year. Wife and I were out in the cage today and people were driving like there is no tomorrow. I was really glad I wasn't on two wheels, it was scary enough on 4. We saw at least a dozen wrecks today and we were only out from about 10-2.

• 3 weeks later...

Upon last investigating DDS, I went to the CDC website and found their latest figures from 2013. Apparently, they are estimating that over 400,000 accidents occurred in the USA due to DD Syndrome. Most are suspected to be due to cell phone use be that either texting or talking.

• 1 month later...
Heads up folks.

Tis the season for distracted drivers. Everyone seems to be in the holiday spirit, which means for interesting situations for us riders. Frenzied shoppers about, buzzed drivers after the office party, drivers using their smart phones...etc.

For those of us still riding this time of year, use special caution when on the bike. I personally have had more close calls in the last two weeks than ALL year. So I know it's that time of season.

Let's keep our heads on a swivel.

Be safe out there. :thumbsup:

MB>

Yes, be safe out there. Darwin is never far away. :dopeslap:

Archived