IGNORED

Ural sidecar offroad testing

Stan Walker

The first section is pretty much what it looked like coming home from the IMS here in Portland on Halloween. My hacked RT did ok - I think one of those light Urals might have been swept downstream.

They looked like the sidecars were almost floating. Perhaps they ran a snorkel to inside the sidecar, with it's cover on it could probably contain air for quite a long time.

Stan

Some of the other videos I've seen show a snorkel running up into the "dashboard" area of the fairing. I was wondering if these had something like that.

Has anyone had any personal experience with a Ural machine? Their 2 wheel drive machine looks like it could be a good long trip work horse to carry a lot of gear and take the rider to lots of places a standard motorcycle would have difficulty navigating. We have a lot of members who have done Alaska trips and mud, bad weather and road conditions have been in their trip notes. It would seem this machine could potentially be a good Alaska trip type vehicle. A curious mind wants to know.

Archived