IGNORED

Tank Bag for new RT's

fastlarry

Wonder if anyone has experience with installing a tank bag on the RTW's . Really like having one on trips for cameras, rainproof over gloves, flashlights, etc. My dealer sells a line of soft luggage, Wolfman. Any experience with their tank bags? Don't want a factory tank bag, too expensive and the clear vinyl yellows. On my '11 RT their mounting made up for their deficiencies.

Larry

I once seen a tank bag that was made from the foreskin of an elephant! After you stroked it a few times, it would turn into a duffel bag! LOL!

I once seen a tank bag that was made from the foreskin of an elephant! After you stroked it a few times, it would turn into a duffel bag! LOL!

I was looking at one a mate put on his bike, and I asked him how it was. He replied "More capacious than an elephant's scrotum and just as difficult to get your hands on".

Must be the same one you saw :D (Apologies to Blackadder 2).

I bought an unused genuine bag for a price I couldn't refuse. Mine rubs the matt grey paint on the tank (I will fix that). I quite like it (quirky as it is).

I haven't tried it in the rain yet, but I'll just put one of those hotel shower caps over the map cover and see if that keeps the water off the maps. If not, I have a cover from a previous Wunderlich bag that I'll use :)

One thing I did was electrify the bag with a Powerlet plate & socket. It was tricky cutting and lining up the holes on the inner and outer skins of the bag, but I'm confident as to its effectiveness.

Would I have bought it at full retail? No. The aftermarket offers different (and better) alternatives. But at less than $200AUD including a genuine ipod lead, nothing came close for price or value :)

:eek: 2nd post, looks like you are off and running.... :grin:

MB>

Will likely have much more to contribute and many questions once I take delivery of my 2016 RT in the spring. For now I have to be content with sitting in the sidelines reading all the posts, dreaming of next year's rides and giving my 2006 V-Strom a hug every now and then!

Mike the Ghoul

I've been using the same bag for about 8 years now, maybe longer. Its an eclipse sportpack. http://www.eclipseluggage.com/luggage/200.html

I had the same one before this one and have switched them both between various bikes. I bought a new pad last year when I got the new bike for some scratch insurance.

They also have a map pocket that fits a standard 8.5X11 sheet of paper so its pretty convenient.

mike

Archived