IGNORED

Honda Deauville

Dave Parry

Hi all,

As much as I like my R1100RT I do find it a bit of a handfull in confined places and traffic and was wondering about giving a 700cc Deauville a try? I ride solo most of the time and do the 200 mile trip to Exeter fairly regularly. I have read quite a few reports on them and the general opinion seems good, although they seem to have got known as Dullsville by many but as i'm not a "boy racer" these days I don't think that would worry me!

Reasonable performance and comfort and also weather protection would be my main considerations.

Any comments/opinions most welcome. (good/bad/indifferent)

regards,

Dave.

Heavier than a R1200RT, not sure about the 1100RT. It is a competent bike but low-powered especially for its weight.

When I looked for a lighter, more nimble machine I went to the BMW R850R. That and its 1100 brother are about 1-inch lower and much lighter than your RT. Fitted with the BMW screen they keep most of the weather off you.

I have recently moved to Bere Alston, near Plymouth. Perhaps we could meet up on one of your Exeter trips and you could try it for size.

Andy

Hi Andy, thanks for the prompt reply I will bear those point in mind. I do also have an R80RT mono which I haven't used for several years since i've had the 1100 so I might get that one mot'd and start using it again. From memory it was a lot more manageable than the 1100.

Archived