IGNORED

BMW G310R

Missouri Bob

Why would a - I'm assuming - entry level BMW basic street bike be, particularly, a bad idea?

If it's built in the Berlin factory it will push delivery times for a boxer from the present four and a half to over five months. If I wanted to buy a Wethead I am not waiting that much time. ;)

Seriously though, the problem is it will either be very expensive for a 300cc bike or shoddily made to keep prices down.

It is made in India. It will compete with the KTM 390(?) which is also built in India.

Liking it or not will be up to the prospective buyers. Most of us here are probably NOT in the target group.

I suspect the performance would surprise some. I can see where an "Adventure" bike derivative of this might be quite popular here.

It's probably a good entry level bike and in some markets where there are bike size limits, it opens a market for BMW. As it is, I consider my RT a small bike. :)

It is made in India. It will compete with the KTM 390(?) which is also built in India.

Liking it or not will be up to the prospective buyers. Most of us here are probably NOT in the target group.

I suspect the performance would surprise some. I can see where an "Adventure" bike derivative of this might be quite popular here.

Then it will start disintegrating after a couple of years on our roads. ;)

The CBF125 was the first Made in India Honda to be imported here and I suspect it will be the last: absolutely unacceptable build quality and, what's worse for a cheap commuter, very very rust prone.

Yamaha ended up having their YBR125/250 made in China and it blows the CBF out of the water.

I bet if it is made in India, it is intended for their market. Remember they use a large amount of them in just general transportation. It is an extremely large market for smaller bikes and it does not surprise me that BMW is attempting to get some of that market.

I bet if it is made in India, it is intended for their market. Remember they use a large amount of them in just general transportation. It is an extremely large market for smaller bikes and it does not surprise me that BMW is attempting to get some of that market.

It will be sold here in Europe, still no price though.

Archived