IGNORED

Best windscreen for 1150r

mwood7800

+1 to PAS.

Also I have an Aeroflow and it works magnificently at all speeds up to 80mph. I don't ride much above that very often.

I am 5'10" and 30" leg, so you can get an idea of my trunk height.

I worked at a dealership for 15 years and over the years, many of the brands were tried on the 1100 and 1150R. We ended up conceding that the factory screen was the overall favorite. (The only model in the line up as aftermarket were better on the others)

I will be accused of still having "dealer mentality" but that's what we found.

In general, we had given up years before on Aeroflow because of the very thin plastic moving too much at speed, but I know many live with it or don't have anything else to compare it to.

More expensive, but in the long run, a favorite screen.

Hi Tri, that may be true of the 1100R but certainly not true for the R1150RT.

The aftermarket screen (almost any make) is better than the OEM offering.

The Aeroflow is thicker, stiffer and way better than the OEM kit.

Anyhow, like I say, for the R1100R you may be right.

I worked at a dealership for 15 years and over the years, many of the brands were tried on the 1100 and 1150R. We ended up conceding that the factory screen was the overall favorite.

I looked at every possible option available to replace the dull and scratched factory OEM windscreen on my recently purchased R1100R. I wanted something smaller so I went with a National Cycle unit and it is not as good quality as the OEM.

Andy,

One day at the dealership we had a 90S, 100S, and an R1100 w/a Scout fairing on it.

They were all parked next to each other and the lineage was apparent.

Wish I had taken the pic.

:dopeslap:

I installed the official BMW touring screen on my 2004 R1150R shortly after I purchased the bike new in late 2003. I was going to Alaska the next summer and I wanted some protection from the cold and rain. It protects quite well, but it's also ugly and rather tall, although I look over it. There's some buffeting and noise behind the screen. I replaced it with a CEE Bailey sport screen (14 1/2 " tall, 16 1/2 " wide) in smoke gray and I'm quite happy with it. It offers some wind protection and looks good (I think). I swapped back to the touring screen on my next trip to AK, but since then I've stayed with the sport screen.

Note that the R1150R uses different mounts for the BMW sport screen and the BMW touring screen. My CEE Bailey screen fits the BMW touring mounts.

Peter

R1150R, R75/5, more...

Archived