Today's Bighorn Loop

TNT

So with Snow coming in tomorrow, I just had to go do the Bighorn Loop. This may had been the last one for this year. On the Buffalo side HW 16 the road on top was clear and had some sand spots to keep you one your toes. 32*F up on the pass. Ten Sleep Canyon was OK, with just some light sand up high. HW 14 Shell Canyon was the same had to watch for some of the sand. Now, the top end is Snow packed Ice in the shadows! That will slow you down. smile emoticon I kept going on up higher not knowing, if I can make it up and over to Dayton. Granite Pass was 34*f but I just had to watch the road service in the shadows the rest of the way. I pushed on over to Burgess Jct, From Burgess Jct to the top of the Canyon to Dayton has lots of shadow spots and long stretches of Snow packed ice up top. I just had to take it slow in the bad spots. No traffic was a big plus. By the way, I did not see one bike anyplace today. So, my low temp was 32* and high temp was into the 50's*. IMG_3452.JPG_zps8rfgdbcm.jpgIMG_3453.JPG_zpskzptebdd.jpgIMG_3455.JPG_zpsm8yckc4p.jpgIMG_3458.JPG_zps7jnrp2ro.jpgIMG_3459.JPG_zpsm6umxh0d.jpg

Thanks for sharing. I have been turned back a couple of times trying rides into the mountains in November. The low sun just doesn't get to the road in too many places. So just some daytime puttering in the city for the next couple of weeks and then hook 'em up to the chargers until March.

Mike Cassidy

Hi Mike, Last November I had to turn back on the day I tried this. I was lucky this time. :) Hope your having fun with your GS. I love my baby GS. Ride Safe.

With Unrally in your neck of the woods in 2016, counting on you to edu-mecate us West Coasters on the charms to be seen in the Bighorns next spring as the date approaches. What Wyoming County code are you sporting? I'm a native 12. Thanks for the great pix.

Archived