IGNORED

K1200lt 2005 wont idle

Aufevermike

Hope you all had a great ride. As for Brenda and I we are still in. Beatty wait for the tow to Vegas. Bike started idled rough for about 10 seconds then quit. Started backup and idled fine for about a minute then stalled out. Gs911 doesn't show anything wrong. Wants to start but won't idle.gs911 shows the fuel pump on when trying to start. However the only thing I can see is the throttle position is 6.72 ... Can't find any info on spec. Tried tps reset to no avail. 2005 K1200lt.... At least we had a great time yesterday and will put it storage till I can get back down to take a better look. Thanks all!!!

She tries and wants to start and does so for about a second sometimes a tad longer. Hoping it's water in the tank. Fueled in tonopah nv rode 90 miles to beatty and she sat overnite. Thing is when she died the second time she started for about five seconds but wouldn't take any fuel and then would idle again.

• 4 weeks later...

At. First I went through a can of starting fluid and. A can of heet. It would start and then idle a bit, but wouldn't take throttle. So I just decided to change the plugs. Then I dove in and started taking off the panels, seat and tank. The air filter under the tank looked new so I didn't change that. Then I got out the fuel pump and saw that burst in the line. Kinda relieved knowing I knew what it was when I saw it. Put a new fuel filter and in tank gas line and put it back together. She started right up.

At. First I went through a can of starting fluid and. A can of heet. It would start and then idle a bit, but wouldn't take throttle. So I just decided to change the plugs. Then I dove in and started taking off the panels, seat and tank. The air filter under the tank looked new so I didn't change that. Then I got out the fuel pump and saw that burst in the line. Kinda relieved knowing I knew what it was when I saw it. Put a new fuel filter and in tank gas line and put it back together. She started right up.

Archived