Best fuel system mod for 04 1150rt?

BoisePilot

What is the general consensus as to the best modification to the fuel system to enrich the fuel/air mixture. My 04 R1150RT runs good but I would like to be able to adjust the mixture for better overall drivability. I understand there are several different systems to modify the O2 sensor output to adjust the mixture.

If you want a plug & play solution, there are two:

--AF-XIED FOR BMW from Nightrider & BeemerBoneyard. Plug in series with O2 sensor, connect ground to battery negative. No programming. Shifts lambda from 1.00 to 0.92. $219.95

--Power Commander III USB with Windband O2 (this is DynoJets's only Closed Loop solution). You should only enter 0% into the fuel table, meaning no fuel added or removed, which lets the Motronic and Wideband do all the work. Requires a PC and programming. The Wideband O2 cannot be calibrated. Also adds two connectors to the TPS and two connectors for the right-side fuel injector, none of which are needed. Shifts lambda from 1.00 to 0.85. $495

If you want a kit, with DIY wiring and programming, there are the Innovate Motorsports LC-2 and MXT-L, no support available. Shifts Lambda from 1.15 to 0.85 and has great realtime dataligging. $189

Any of the above will do the job.

RB

Once I get my hesitation fixed (its not surging!!!!) I will be getting the af-xied. After all the work I have done to this bike this year I want something easy-peasy. Roger has spent a LOT of time (years) figuring out how the control modules on these bike work and react to diff inputs. Looking forward to time on the bike not under it.

Archived