IGNORED

AFTER MARKET EXHAUST R1100RSL

BIGTEX

I like the stock exhast but it has started to come apart. I hae used Super Trap Mufflers in the past, but I would need to span the distance between the header and the muffler. I saw a pipe, but it was quite expensive. I think I may try an exhaust shop and a Super Trapp. I like to be able to tune the sound on the Super Trapp. Not into loud.Any comments? 20 year old bike I think it would be hard to find stock exhaust system.

I like the stock exhast but it has started to come apart. I hae used Super Trap Mufflers in the past, but I would need to span the distance between the header and the muffler. I saw a pipe, but it was quite expensive. I think I may try an exhaust shop and a Super Trapp. I like to be able to tune the sound on the Super Trapp. Not into loud.Any comments? 20 year old bike I think it would be hard to find stock exhaust system.

I've got a complete OEM exhaust system only with the cat converter removed I could sell you. It came from my '04RT. Not sure about the fit but it looks like it would go on my '93 R1100RSL. If you're interested PM me.

Forget it, won't work. Two mounting points are missing on the '04 exhaust system that connect to points just behind the center stand mounts so not a good idea.

Forget it, won't work. Two mounting points are missing on the '04 exhaust system that connect to points just behind the center stand mounts so not a good idea.

AFternoon James

I'm not sure (if) the 04 exhaust will fit his bike but the rear cat mounts have been eliminated even on the correct exhaust system--

From the parts book--

"If you are looking for the grommets for the two lugs on the muffler that attach to the center stand, they have been discontinued. BMW decided to eliminate this part and it is no longer available and is not needed. The factory left it off all oilheads starting in about 2001. You simply leave it off on any oilhead from 1994 on"

If you want to use an off the shelf exhaust can, any exhaust shop should pretty easily be able to bend you up an intermediate pipe to make it work. Once upon a time I saw an 1100RT with the exhaust can from a GSXR. It looked and sounded fine. You never would have known unless it was pointed out.

I had planned to do just that when the stock exhaust rotted away on my RT, but I ended up getting lucky and found a stock low mileage (and cheap) takeoff exhaust on Ebay. They usually are not cheap and good exhausts for the 1100 bikes are getting harder to find.

Hi BigTex, Went out and did some careful looking and measuring and there is no doubt in my mind that the exhaust system from my 1150 will fit an 1100. This is a very clean system from a bike that was never short tripped and always ridden in a dry climate so if you're interested PM me. Reason I removed it is because without the cat I would occasionally get a pop when I shifted and it was just enough to annoy me. I was fortunate to find a like new, with only 500 miles, system from another 1150 so they are out there. Reason for the popping is probably because I run with a rich (12.9:1) AFR. Muffler with a cat fixed.

I'll answer that. $100 plus shipping. Better to use the personal message (PM) for this kind of thing. I do have an add with pix in the bmwmoa.org fleamarket under "hard parts".

Archived