IGNORED

Solution for iPhone 6 plus cable mess?

Gregg

Anyone have a reasonable solution for the mess of cables in the little storage compartment upper right?

1) Iphone adapter - cable to convert from BMW big plut to small Iphone 6 connector for power

2)Iphone audio RCA jack - cable to plug from BMW to Iphone headphone jack to listen to iTunes music via AUX on bike and control volume with Wonder Wheel

Trying to post a pic. for clarity but I haven't figured out how to yet.

I gave up trying to use my iPhone 6 Plus or my iPod as my music player. Like many on the board here, I just loaded my music collection on a thumb drive (using Wondershare) and now utilize the excellent mp.3 player built into the RT for music playback. It really is the easiest way to go and with 132G thumb drives, you can hold a LOT of music.

This also fixed the problem of getting a "no USB" error, even when the player was plugged in (and yes, I do have the expensive BMW cable...waste of money).

The K1600 guys have a few years experience on with the audio fitment. There is a ton of good info on their forum- it allowed me to get a setup that works flawlessly for me, but they discuss a wide variety of setups. My setup:

-Tune2Air hooked to bike dongle in the right compartment. I have Sena 20s and Iphone paired like described in the forum link below.

Iphone playlists show up on dash and I can toggle to any song/podcast/genre/playlist, etc. It is perfect for my needs. Hope this helps:

http://www.k1600forum.com/forum/bmw-k1600-bluetooth-audio/66145-smart-phone-audio-via-bluetooth.html

I gave up trying to use my iPhone 6 Plus or my iPod as my music player. Like many on the board here, I just loaded my music collection on a thumb drive (using Wondershare) and now utilize the excellent mp.3 player built into the RT for music playback. It really is the easiest way to go and with 132G thumb drives, you can hold a LOT of music.

This also fixed the problem of getting a "no USB" error, even when the player was plugged in (and yes, I do have the expensive BMW cable...waste of money).

I think I might be joining the USB bunch. Thanks!

The K1600 guys have a few years experience on with the audio fitment. There is a ton of good info on their forum- it allowed me to get a setup that works flawlessly for me, but they discuss a wide variety of setups. My setup:

-Tune2Air hooked to bike dongle in the right compartment. I have Sena 20s and Iphone paired like described in the forum link below.

Iphone playlists show up on dash and I can toggle to any song/podcast/genre/playlist, etc. It is perfect for my needs. Hope this helps:

http://www.k1600forum.com/forum/bmw-k1600-bluetooth-audio/66145-smart-phone-audio-via-bluetooth.html

Great info! Thanks!

Anyone have a reasonable solution for the mess of cables in the little storage compartment upper right?

1) Iphone adapter - cable to convert from BMW big plut to small Iphone 6 connector for power

2)Iphone audio RCA jack - cable to plug from BMW to Iphone headphone jack to listen to iTunes music via AUX on bike and control volume with Wonder Wheel

Trying to post a pic. for clarity but I haven't figured out how to yet.

thumb_IMG_0748_1024.jpg

Archived