IGNORED

2016 BMW R1200RS

Studio Seven

Watched the video- very cool bike but...

as I watched the video it panned across the view of the bike from the rider's point of view. There is something large, dark colored, sort of rectangular right in the center in front of the tank... at about 41 seconds.

Any idea what that is?

and look at the handle bar set-up. looks to be a bit more narrow and maybe a bit closer to the rider? ummm

Chal De Cecco

Yep, it's the GPS mount that can be adjusted for screen angle. The bars put you a bit forward for weight bias. The bike is biased 51/49 front to rear. The electronics make the bike very safe to ride.

Engine torque, low center of gravity and handling make the bike a sweet machine to ride at high and low speeds. Ride one if you get the chance......

Nice bike, but with an 18L (4.7 gal) tank, it would sure put a bit of a cramp in any touring ambitions.

What kind of mileage are you getting on the '06 RT?

Nice bike, but with an 18L (4.7 gal) tank, it would sure put a bit of a cramp in any touring ambitions.

What kind of mileage are you getting on the '06 RT?

The honest answer is that, in the 9 ½ years I've owned the bike, I've never checked, but with a 27L gas tank (later revised downward to 25L in BMW's documentation), I've never had a problem with range. The most I recall doing on a tankful (long road trip with full load in the cases) was 515 kilometres (320 miles).

New RS? Looks like something Darth Vader would ride. :P Or maybe something Ford would dream up kind of like their new ninja inspired Escape.

I like my '93 RSL better as in a whole lot better.

Archived