IGNORED

CA Traffic School Suggestions?

markgoodrich

I've got to take an online traffic school course for a ticket I got in a rent car. The court sent me a list of about six million authorized schools. Any suggestions from Califa on which school will take the least amount of time to complete?

TIA

Mods, didn't know where else to put this....

CoarsegoldKid

I never thought you'd ask Mark. My experience with online traffic school is to pick the cheapest. I think they all use the same questions. I don't remember which one I used but I just selected one and presto I could speed again. But then again I always abide by the laws.

The punishment is the time that it takes.

In fact - if you quickly finish - it will not let you complete the next session until x amount of minutes.

Dan

I didn't mind. IIRC, it can be done in multiple sessions. It was better to do that and pay $134 versus $217 and a speeding ticket on my record.

...so you can just zoom through it.

Isn't that sort of thinking what got you into this predicament? :-D

Takes one to know one...

Now that's funny!

I heard from a friend that his course had trick questions designed to force you to read the material. No matter which course you choose, it will be bland and boring. My most recent was December 2013 and I used (purely random choice) "Academy Traffic School" and was very happy with it. I took little breaks between sessions and never "timed" out.

Please keep us updated on your experience.

Johnny J

I heard from a friend that his course had trick questions designed to force you to read the material.

I can't tell if this is intended to be funny or not, but as someone who does curriculum design and owns a driving school (but by that I mean one where we actually teach people how to drive - not one that exists to take money from people online in exchange for whatever it is you're supposed to get from online driving schools as referenced in this thread), I found it hilarious :)

Thanks for the laugh!

josh

I heard from a friend that his course had trick questions designed to force you to read the material.

I can't tell if this is intended to be funny or not, but as someone who does curriculum design and owns a driving school (but by that I mean one where we actually teach people how to drive - not one that exists to take money from people online in exchange for whatever it is you're supposed to get from online driving schools as referenced in this thread), I found it hilarious :)

Thanks for the laugh!

josh

I definitely see why this was humorous, but actually I was quite serious. My friend said that he was asked questions that were in no way related to the subject that was being taught, but the actual answer was somehow embedded it the text. This forced him to actually read the material. The only reason I remember this is because it was so odd. The friend was a former work colleague and I have no way of having him elaborate.

Johnny J

I assumed that was exactly the situation you meant. From the perspective of someone with the arduous task of building an online "curriclum" that no one actually wants to learn from and then trying to get it be valid by making them actually read it, I can see the appeal of doing something like that (and I'm glad I get to work on projects that have a different goal - you know, actually trying to help people learn what they need/want to learn, and then assessing that learning based on their demonstrated knowledge of the actual material) because it's an easy way to force people to read your stuff.

From a business standpoint though, it seems pretty silly because, I assume, no one taking these online traffic school classes wants to do anything other than reduce or eliminate their ticket...can't imagine this colleague of yours, or anyone else, recommending the "school" he used.

josh

ps - glad you got my meaning - I certainly meant no offense to you :)

Archived