IGNORED

Since the latest update, screen now stays put after key off

Alfred02

Anybody else noticed this?

My bike had just a service done and they uploaded any updates into it like shift assist update.

It didn't say anything about any changes to the screen function.

Before, the screen would always go down to it's resting position, once the ignition was turned off.

Now it stays in the last position I have set, without going to it's resting position.

I had mine in for the 6000 mile service and got all of the SW updates and no change. I wish the windshield would stay up with key off.

Same here about a 3 weeks ago.

This is something I complained about in the first week. If the updates leave the screen up, I'll be a happy man. There is no need for this added wear and tear at all. Prior RTs stayed in position until the rider decided to move things.

-MKL

This is something I complained about in the first week. If the updates leave the screen up, I'll be a happy man. There is no need for this added wear and tear at all. Prior RTs stayed in position until the rider decided to move things.

-MKL

2013's dropped with key off.

When the windshield is in its down position does it somehow "lock" the Nav V into the dash?

No. I have always removed and installed the Nav V with the windshield fully down.

-MKL

I agree, I am not complaining as I prefer it to stay in it's last position. Makes it easier to clean when you wash the bike.

Just trying to work out if this is an actual intended update, or a software screw-up when they uploaded the latest update.

When the windshield is in its down position does it somehow "lock" the Nav V into the dash?

Not on the RT but in you sig line I see you have owned a K1600 with the screen down it does lock it

Jay

I think it's an actual update as the dealer said I needed the "windshield" update and did it but didn't have the equipment for a computer "reflash" Yes, I agree, I hate it coming down when key off, it was so much better to be able to clean the windshield with it up (on our 41 day tour) while my buddies 13 has to be put on and raised!!

Another negitive, when I started using the tall ram mount on the handlebar for phone, vid, cam, etc and forgot about the shield lowering it was constantly hitting that on the way down!

If I had known that this would happen after the "fix" I wouldn't have had it done

...If I had known that this would happen after the "fix" I wouldn't have had it done

Are you saying it never used to come down, but now you have had an update, it DOES come down?

Just trying to work out if this is an actual intended update, or a software screw-up when they uploaded the latest update.

I just had the gear shift assist pro update a couple of weeks ago and my windscreen returns to its resting position with the ignition off, just like when new.

Well, as I said, mine stays and works perfectly normal in any other way. I just washed the bike yesterday and it was a god sent.

It just makes it soo much easier to wash with the screen all the way up.

If it's an unintentional by-effect during the last flash upgrade, then I like to keep it that way.

Well, as I said, mine stays and works perfectly normal in any other way. I just washed the bike yesterday and it was a god sent.

It just makes it soo much easier to wash with the screen all the way up.

If it's an unintentional by-effect during the last flash upgrade, then I like to keep it that way.

I hear you, BUT I can't help but wonder....so what else got screwed up!!!????

I hear you, BUT I can't help but wonder....so what else got screwed up!!!????

Everything else works, except I can't notice any difference regarding the quick shift that is suppose to be improved and suppose to have had an update with the latest flash.

shifting is exactly the same as it was before.

I was just updated yesterday. I feel the shifting is smoother, especially at lower rpms and between 2nd and 3rd which I always avoided due to clunkiness.

No change in screen function. Oil level indicator is a little more fussy though. Bike must now be extremely level for it to register. Charging read 14.3 for the first time in a year. It usually tops out alternating between 14.1 and 14.2 when running.

Archived