IGNORED

Ride like a "girl"!

Endobob

Spectacular riding! :thumbsup: Though something tells me that last stoppie spin did not end well. :eek:

Pat

What Pat said.

Yep, what ya both said...

Did like the the short bit on the track turn.

Pretty in-tune with da moto

Yes, but Laney Rides Like A Girl...

I remember riding behind Laney once in Torrey. She was out of sight in less than 5 minutes. Wish I could ride like a girl. :dopeslap:

Hi Marty.

:wave:

You remember the original Rides Like A Girl theread from years ago.

One can only aspire to one day RLAG.

I do.

:Cool:

I can't help but wonder when they do those tricks, WHY. Also, I wonder what the learning curve was to get to that level of proficiency. The speed on the track I understand and last time I saw Laney on her big motorcycle, she looked like a tiny person, so the power to weight ratio had to be huge, the bike didn't even know it had a rider on it.

You get a couple of XR/CRF-50's and practice, practice, practice. If you have a good sense of balance and the ability to feel what the bike is doing, you can acquire the ability to do the stunts. But it's another one of those things where it's nice to have parental support, and an in to getting booked at events where you can get paid to do it.

That ability to feel does translate to the track, although drifting a clutching up wheelies is a different skill-set.

• 4 weeks later...
You get a couple of XR/CRF-50's and practice, practice, practice. If you have a good sense of balance and the ability to feel what the bike is doing, you can acquire the ability to do the stunts. But it's another one of those things where it's nice to have parental support, and an in to getting booked at events where you can get paid to do it.

That ability to feel does translate to the track, although drifting a clutching up wheelies is a different skill-set.

...and good medical insurance!

Seriously, she is one amazing rider. I wonder, with her small size and sense of the machine, how well would those skills translate to MotoGP? Could she kick butt?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived