IGNORED

Re: 2014 RT Coolant

Skywagon

Looks like my bike needs a little coolant added to the overflow tank. I've checked the manual pretty closely and I don't see any recommendations for the type of coolant. I suspect the dealer has some special BMW coolant.

Any recommendation and or the specs?

I do remember seeing it somewhere and I seam to remember it is a new type of coolant but that is all I think. If it were me I would just add some distilled water. If it starts taking a lot you can stop and get coolant but my bet is it won't take much at all. The actual freezing temperature will be damn near the same and you know it will be compatible with the antifreeze

Yes BMW Antifreeze/Coolant would be a good choice but I can't believe it's the only one. I don't see how you could go wrong with a permanent aluminum compatible antifreeze/coolant.

Jay

Guest Kakugo
Looks like my bike needs a little coolant added to the overflow tank. I've checked the manual pretty closely and I don't see any recommendations for the type of coolant. I suspect the dealer has some special BMW coolant.

Any recommendation and or the specs?

Go to your local Honda (cars or bikes), Yamaha or Toyota dealership and ask for their branded, premixed coolant. It's exactly the same product (I seem to recall it's made by Sumitomo Chemical) and it's by far the best antifreeze your money can buy. Unbelievably stable, lasts unaltered for years, thus requiring far less flushs and the inhibitors used in it are top notch.

Archived