New member from Dallas, 1985 K100RS

NeonGuy

Recently acquired a beautiful powerful, candy apple red, BMW and I can't stop riding it and even dreaming about it. I'd stopped riding many years ago, sold my Gold Wing, and had to wait over 20 years for the kidz to grow up before resuming. I like this Forum and am proud to be a BMW motorcycle owner along with my BMW cars. Ride SAFELY, brothers!

If you're not careful, that K100RS and those Texas roads that have the 85mph speed limit, are going to get you hooked! Beemers cruise easily at that speed. Even those made in 1985.

Welcome to the family.

aggieengineer

I lusted after that bike when it came out. Alas, I was in the military with a new wife and new house. An overstock Yamaha was the limit. Still, to this day, I have a picture of that machine hanging in my workshop. Truly a thing of beauty.

I'm north of the DFW area, and know the good roads. Let me know if you need any suggestions.

Thanks for all the kind words, info, and encouragement, guys! It's GREAT to be on this Forum. "Yes" to AggieEngineer! Please let me know about some scenic roads north of DFW, and maybe some good places to visit, some nice motels, eateries, etc. I like local Mom & Pops, and small businesses, Bed & Breakfast places, small town museums and items of interest. I'm into history and science, hiking and camping, as well as BMWs. God bless you all and ride SAFELY!

aggieengineer

Here you go: Google Maps Route

Try Doc's Bar & Grill in Muenster for lunch. The tiny town of Greenwood has a cafe. Popular with motorcyclists. Good hamburger.

Another Possibility : Cedar Mills Marina on Lake Texoma has a nice restaurant, although it is probably still under reconstruction after the spring flood. Tioga has Clark's Outpost for barbecue. Popular mostly with the H-D crowd, and somewhat over-rated. Treat your bike to some ethanol-free premium at Enderby Gas, 1.5 miles north of Whitesboro on the east side of 377.

Archived