IGNORED

96 rt 128,000 leaky right cylinder

LeDucBmw

Both cylinders got 120 on compression quick check. valve cover and gasket appear dry. oil was coming from that side. Can't see specifically where its coming from. Got a head gasket from BOB's. About to heat up exhaust studs to remove exhaust. Any idea's

Both cylinders got 120 on compression quick check. valve cover and gasket appear dry. oil was coming from that side. Can't see specifically where its coming from. Got a head gasket from BOB's. About to heat up exhaust studs to remove exhaust. Any idea's

Evening LeDucBmw

Yes, I would never pull a BMW cyl head off unless I was 100% sure that was the leak.

Make sure your front fork seal isn't leaking & blowing back, also make sure your oil cooler or oil cooler hose isn't seeping & running back & down.

Also check the cam chain tensioner seal for leaking & check the little cylinder bottom bolts for being tight.

If the oil leak started after your last valve adjustment then make sure the little rubber donut around the spark plug well isn't leaking.

Also check the cam chain tensioner seal for leaking....

I can speak from personal experience that an extra 1/4 turn of a socket wrench can solve what can be a big leak.

Sorry but are we supposed to guess your bike's model, year, mileage, etc.? Garbage in garbage out...

Kalali,

It's in the title of this thread, "96 rt 128,000..."

Sorry but are we supposed to guess your bike's model, year, mileage, etc.? Garbage in garbage out...

Kalali,

It's in the title of this thread, "96 rt 128,000..."

My bad.... sorry had a senior moment...

Archived