IGNORED

A GS with a Winch!?!

Id's_OK

A friend passed along this link to a GS on eBay fully outfitted for deployment n the Middle East! I mean, seriously, it's a two-wheeled tank!

A nice looking tank! :thumbsup:

I road dirt bikes back in my 20's and get myself in trouble on occasions taking my K1200RS on fire roads, etc. :grin:

I plan to keep my K1200RS for BMWST events here on the East coast and hoping to find a good deal on a GS to keep at my daughter/son-in-laws home in Incline, NV for West coast exploration and BMWST events.

I have not yet spent enough time researching the GS model year changes and/or accessories to be able to assess the market value of a GS. Wish I were further along on this. This triple black '12 GS along with the trailer sure looks tempting.

Morning

I know a guy with a winch on his GS-A, he also uses it a lot.

He uses it to pull his & others BIG bikes out of mud pits & back up steep side hills that are impossible to ride back up.

Big difference is his GS looks like a well used piece of industrial equipment with nothing clean or straight still showing.

A friend passed along this link to a GS on eBay fully outfitted for deployment n the Middle East! I mean, seriously, it's a two-wheeled tank!

A nice looking tank! :thumbsup:

I road dirt bikes back in my 20's and get myself in trouble on occasions taking my K1200RS on fire roads, etc. :grin:

I plan to keep my K1200RS for BMWST events here on the East coast and hoping to find a good deal on a GS to keep at my daughter/son-in-laws home in Incline, NV for West coast exploration and BMWST events.

I have not yet spent enough time researching the GS model year changes and/or accessories to be able to assess the market value of a GS. Wish I were further along on this. This triple black '12 GS along with the trailer sure looks tempting.

Bob, this would be perfect for you. Or, maybe I should get it, I could use the winch to get me out of the Starbucks parking spot. :grin:

I must say, that guy spent a lot of $$ on those accessories.

Morning

I know a guy with a winch on his GS-A, he also uses it a lot.

He uses it to pull his & others BIG bikes out of mud pits & back up steep side hills that are impossible to ride back up.

Big difference is his GS looks like a well used piece of industrial equipment with nothing clean or straight still showing.

Anyone who has a winch on a GS-A and uses it a lot might want to rethink where he is riding the bike in the first place.

Is the winch mounted to the front or back?

I'm sure some of us would like to see a picture of this bike.

Anyone who has a winch on a GS-A and uses it a lot might want to rethink where he is riding the bike in the first place.

Morning Eddd

His winch is mounted on the back (looks just about like the picture above).

He does think before he rides it in. He is not only the traveling recovery vehicle but is the traveling fuel tanker for smaller bikes.

He has had his bike to Moab a few times & thinks nothing of deep sugar sand, or single track routes, or even DEEP mud holes.

He is also a big enough guy to easily pick his loaded GS up even when it's laying on it's side full of fuel & loaded with camping gear in 2' of mud.

Morning Eddd

His winch is mounted on the back (looks just about like the picture above).

He does think before he rides it in. He is not only the traveling recovery vehicle but is the traveling fuel tanker for smaller bikes.

He has had his bike to Moab a few times & thinks nothing of deep sugar sand, or single track routes, or even DEEP mud holes.

He is also a big enough guy to easily pick his loaded GS up even when it's laying on it's side full of fuel & loaded with camping gear in 2' of mud.

Without pics...

Archived