IGNORED

Dan Cata throttle body rebuild issues..

Andre1150

My right side throttle body was making a ton of noise so I purchased a Dan Cata throttle body rebuild kit and followed the easy instructions..

However, now the butterfly never makes it back down to the stop, if I twist the pulley the butterfly will seat down on the stop. another 2 mm or so. releasing the throttle to let it snap back.. and the butterfly never makes it down to the stop, stopping about 2mm before the stop screw. it's almost as if the extra 2mm closes the butterfly completely..

is this the new stop? and I should just break the paint on the stop and bring it up?

AND make sure it's properly aligned in the bore /on the shaft. Been there.

You may have to remove it and look through the bore with light in background to check for light leaks, alignment issues should be visible.

I took the butterfly out, flipped it over, closed the throttle, and then tightened the screws.. now it sits back on the stop. thank you DR.

on to a throttle sync..

• 2 weeks later...

Right, you have to make sure that the butterfly and pulley sits on the stopping screw. If that does not happen, most probably, the butterfly needs re-adjusting or flipping over 180 degrees.

Dan.

Hey FireKit,

A bit off topic but...

On a scale of 1-10 how hard is the rebuild? It's on my winter todo list and just curious how involved it is.

TIA

Indy

Hey FireKit,

A bit off topic but...

On a scale of 1-10 how hard is the rebuild? It's on my winter todo list and just curious how involved it is.

TIA

Indy

I wrote a review of the Dan Cata TB Rebuild kit about a year ago.

http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=908811#Post908811

On your 1-10 scale, I would call it a 3. You have to remove the throttle body to work on it, and you should replace the bushings which sounds difficult but really isn't and the whole deal takes about an hour or so.

Archived