IGNORED

Rear break effort

profbodryak

What is a normal amount of effort to apply on the rear brake while slowing down? It seems like a considerable amount of effort compared to R1150RT I owned previously.

Anyone with the same?

Evening profbodryak

A fair amount more as the rear on the hexhead is a manual brake & the rear pedal on the 1150RT applied both front & rear brakes using a power servo.

No way to tell if yours is normal from here though.

Thanks for the info dirtrider. Just noticing differences now. Noticed while coming out of the Whole Foods garage and waiting on the light to turn green while on a very steep incline.

Also, as many other RT riders, I have a habit of not downshifting into the first gear until close to a stop. When I do this, I can hear a mildly audible knocking noise from the right side of the engine that goes away when at a complete stop. Rocker arm?

I checked the oil level and with engine hot and the bike on the center stand the level is about 2-3mm below the center dot in the oil sight glass. Add oil? Have valves/rocker arms readjusted?

Add oil? Have valves/rocker arms readjusted?

Morning profbodryak

First thing is try to identify the noise & EXACTLY where it is coming from.

Your oil level is just slightly low but well within operating range. (careful as they overfill very fast)

Probably wouldn't hurt to do a good valve adjustment check & a rocker arm side play check just to start out with a known base line.

Is a special tool needed to open the oil cap? It sits too tightly on there. Looked under the seat but didn't see the tool set.

Evening profbodryak

Yes, a special tool is needed , but if you are careful you can probably use the side of your ignition key. (don't break the key)

Archived