IGNORED

Backroads, beach, burgers

longjohn

Left the house at 7:45, in at 19:45

In Santa Paula there is a steel sculpture of motorcycles called "The Warning" that we always pass. It commemorates the Newhall flood of 1928 which swept thru SP and went down to the sea. These two motorcycle officers road thru the town at 1am warning the residents of the imminent flood.

original.jpg

Rt 150 was being repaired this day mostly w of Ojai, which you can see here.

original.jpg

To avoid slurry operations the decision was made to head up 33.

original.jpg

original.jpg

This wall of granite is about 120ft high.

161290472.original.jpg

161290486.original.jpg

Lunch was at Subway in Maricopa (100º), then headed up Hudson Valley Rd/Cerro Noroeste, then up Mt Pinos Rd to the parking lot, then a 2mi hike to the summit(80º). The clouds were spectacular the whole day.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Rode down the mt. to Old Ridge Rd/Pine Cyn where you could see the sun illuminating the western Antelope Valley just before it set. I think you can see the eastern edge of Quail Lake at the left. Oh and Elizabeth Lake is 99% dry :(

original.jpg

Fantastic pics John!

I'm glad somebody got out for a ride, even if you never quite made it to the beach. I'm still doing 12 hour days, but I'm not giving up on having a Jalama Burger!

:wave:

That ride is a favorite of mine. The combination of 150 and 33 should make any rider happy. Thanks for sharing.

My pleasure. I've been known to throw in Grimes Cyn and some of the beach twisties as a prelim. :)

Archived