IGNORED

Bikes and Lifestyles

Scud

roadscholar
I had an 03' RK. Did an iron butt ride on it. It was comfy but I got sick of cleaning the damn thing. Put 10k on it and sold it for what I bought it new for. That won't happen with an RT.

Won't happen with a Harley....any Harley now!

True. I bought a year end Goldwing in 07 from a big discount store in Tennessee. Didn't put a lot of miles on it but sold it seven years later for $300 above the orig purchase. The new ones had gone up a good bit in the interim but that's a no go with any BMW.

Except some Airheads, if you have owned it long enough.

:Cool:

Or restored one and find the right buyer.

:)

There was also a time period, like 5-7 years way back when BMW only changed the msrp on the RT by a few hundred dollars from around $16,200-$16,500 so those bikes were good deals new.

I have sold oilheads for more than I bought them for, but that isn't the norm.

Today's beemers I haven't got a clue other than they are more out of pocket than I'm $pending.

roadscholar

Same here Tim, I'm waiting these days, if at all.

Almost any bike pre '80 is worth as much or more now than when new and some airheads since then, especially GS's. My brother had a good flying job by '74 and bought a new R90S, if I recall it was in the low 3's. Nice ones now are hovering into 5 figures of course. And German bikes were about the last to escalate, British and Italian stuff started jumping a couple decades earlier, even the pre 80 everyday Japanese stuff is headed up now.

Archived