IGNORED

Rt Factory installed Alarm system?

trout man

Hi I am trying to trade in my 2013 Rt on a new 2015 Rt . Because of the work I do I need a really good alarm system. My dealer that I purchased the 2013 bike from installed the BMW alarm system on my 2013 and it is totally unless. Is there a difference between 2015 Rt the factory installed alarm system and the after market alarm system?

I do have a new RT 2015 in mind and but it doesn’t come with the factory installed alarm. He is stating that he is more than willing to install the alarm but wouldn’t not be just like my alarm on my 2013 RT? Totally useless.

Thanks Bob

I have a 2015RT and its BMW OEM alarm seems the same as the one on my 2008RT other than the way the "keyless" fob works and that BMW only gives you one fob (down right wrong! IMHO).

Whilst the BMW alarm is not the best alarm out there I would not say it is "totally useless". I know it does not have the full Thatcham accreditation but even so.

If you need the best of best your dealership should be able to install a branded system for you for about the same price as the BMW one just not so plug and play.

I have a 2015RT and its BMW OEM alarm seems the same as the one on my 2008RT other than the way the "keyless" fob works and that BMW only gives you one fob (down right wrong! IMHO).

Whilst the BMW alarm is not the best alarm out there I would not say it is "totally useless". I know it does not have the full Thatcham accreditation but even so.

If you need the best of best your dealership should be able to install a branded system for you for about the same price as the BMW one just not so plug and play.

It's interesting my insurance company (Progressive) will only give a discount for the LoJack system...no discount for the BMW security system.

It's interesting my insurance company (Progressive) will only give a discount for the LoJack system...no discount for the BMW security system.

Same here, my insurance company does not have the BMW OEM alarm in their list either.

Archived