IGNORED

07 R1200GS headlight bulbs

1two

Well the bulbs work fine I recently changed the low beam H7 I believe anyways the wire retainer that holds the bulb fast to the housing went into outer space even after an attempt to do the work (somewhere in Montana) on an area that it might show if dropped. Gone never to be seen and replacing the wire cage is not an option. ideas not available through BMW

currently have it taped in place

Evening 1two

You might have come to the right place here--

Those bulb retainers are not available separately from BMW & a new light is SUPER expensive.

You can maybe buy a broken light on E-Bay for a lot less. OR search the archives here-- A while back a member here found a source to have some made, or he ordered something & re-bent it slightly, (I can't remember which). I'm not even sure of bike model (I think an RT).

The Rocketman

That was yours truly, DR.....

1two,

Read this saga:

http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=82797&Number=915632#Post915632

Then call Mike at Beemer Boneyard and see if he has confirmation that the clips I supplied him will work for your make, model & year bike:

http://www.beemerboneyard.com/r12h7bulbclip.html

Or call the 2 bike salvage guys I referenced earlier in the "saga" thread, and see what they have in stock w/r/t basket case lights where they'd be willing to pull out a spring clip, or mount/clip combo for you.

Don't know if yours are hinged like mine, or if they're held in with a small screw, but the spring might be the same, or close enough that you can modify it to make it work.

I pulled one out of a light assembly in a Subaru doing some modification thanks for all the replies the GS is a bit different however lots of ideas as you all know not much hand room unless you remove the instrument panel.

Guest Kakugo
I pulled one out of a light assembly in a Subaru doing some modification thanks for all the replies the GS is a bit different however lots of ideas as you all know not much hand room unless you remove the instrument panel.

I am seeing my brother later today. He has a 2009 GS: I'll compare the bulb holder to that in my RT and Honda's and let you know if any will fit.

Archived