IGNORED

What is this extra "tube" that I just discovered

MyR1100RT

Gents,

The bigger tube on the left is the fuel tank overflow. I just noticed the other tube (probably 6mm). I dont know what it's for -

it's long enough to reach back to the ABS unit on the back wheel.

It comes straight down along side the fuel overflow tube.

Just yesterday my ABS lights started flashing like they're supposed to when the system isn't working. I've charged my battery and will get a volt meter today or tomorrow so that I can trouble shoot the problem. I'm wondering if this tube might be part of the problem??

Thoughts?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tymjrnd7brgsucp/IMG_0886.JPG?dl=0

There are two lines associated with the fuel tank. One is the tank vent (attached to the charcoal canister in US models, if it hasn't been removed) and the other is a water drain from the fuel filler area. There may also be a battery vent line depending on what type of battery is installed.

My 03 has at least 4 drain hoses, not pretty!

I don't think its more than 4. 2 fuel and 2 ABS. If you clip them together nicely and trim them all even, it doesn't look so bad.

If fitted correctly they are invisible.

I don't think its more than 4. 2 fuel and 2 ABS. If you clip them together nicely and trim them all even, it doesn't look so bad.

It may be 5, because if a non Gel or AGM battery is fitted, there will be a battery breather pipe too.

If fitted correctly they are invisible.

It may be 5, because if a non Gel or AGM battery is fitted, there will be a battery breather pipe too.

+1

Archived