IGNORED

How Much Are They Going For

Steve Kolenda

Steve Kolenda

Thinking about selling my 2011 R1200RT at the end of this season and trying to get a feel for a price range that I might get. Bike will probably have close to 69,000 miles and is in excellent condition. Yeah I know that everybody thinks their bike is in execellent condition but I can prove it. Any thoughts on price range? Thanks in advance.

Selling to get money or selling to get another bike? If you're considering a new BMW I'd recommend trading it. I know when I traded my 1996 K1100LT with high miles MAX BMW gave me full trade in value on an '11 RT. Kelley Blue Book is your friend in either circumstance.

I wouldn't waste my time with that book value stuff - sounds complicated. I'd say it's probably only worth a grand, but to be a good guy I'll give you $1500 - I can pick it up in a couple of weeks if that works for you :) :) :) :)

• 2 weeks later...

also what arae of the country matters. you might get more in the NE than the SW or Say CA. probably less in the Midwest during the winter :-) just examples not real data :-)

Of course check the want ads here, ibmwr.org, AdvRider and cycletrader.com . On cycletrader make sure you identify owner vrs dealer sales. I always use these 4 places to get my ball park MARKET pricing.

Archived