IGNORED

2013 GS wethead

gsgar

I'm thinking of buying a 2013 GS wethead. Does anyone know of any problems/quirks with these machines? I know that a lot of times first year models have them. Thanks in advance.

The only quirk that I noticed and I may be the only one it bothered was the kickstand foot catch getting in the way of shifting. Like I said, it may not be an issue for you but it bugged me enough to still be talking about it two years later.

IMG_5907_zps5c9abc07.jpg

The windscreen even in the full up position was not as good as the Camhead's screen.

Ps...this was only a test ride for me.

Pat

I picked up a 2013 GSW about six weeks ago. I have put on less than 2K miles but I have had no problems.

There is a recall out for both the left and right switch clusters so make sure that recall has been done to the bike. The motor is amazing and the bike is so well balanced that it feels lighter than my 07 GS.

I picked up a 2013 GSW about six weeks ago. I have put on less than 2K miles but I have had no problems.

There is a recall out for both the left and right switch clusters so make sure that recall has been done to the bike. The motor is amazing and the bike is so well balanced that it feels lighter than my 07 GS.

Yes, both switch clusters replaced. Thanks for the replies fellas. I sent a deposit this pm.

• 3 weeks later...
Jim VonBaden

I have a 2015 GS, and have had zero issues with it. My size 10 boots do not touch the sidestand tang, and the windscreen works well better than the Hexhead/Camhead GS did for me. I am 5'8" and a long torso.

Jim :Cool:

I just got a 2015GS and thus far my only gripe is that the clutch engages too far from the grip even with the grip set on its closest setting. I'm wondering if someone has addressed this in aftermarket yet.

There have been some gripes about the stock seat, I found that if I set the front of it on high and the back on low it sits perfect and after 6 hours of riding on about half rough stuff, I had no back comfort issues.

And I'm an old fart of 71, neither the back or the front are what they used to be. :cry:

Archived