Can a GS-911 extend the time that the signal lights stay on?

Doug_Baliko

Doug_Baliko

I have always been annoyed by the length of time the signal lights stay on. That being that they shut off too quickly. Does anyone know if a GS-911 has the capability to extend the time that the directional signal lights stay on?

Doug

No, I found nothing running through the menu on the GS-911. I recall this question brought up on another forum about the length of time. A poster replied that the earlier RT's or another model had the capability to extend the time simply by pushing the button again. We all have tried that at some point. I think BMW can only make the change by a software change.

Depending on the model year, the BMW diagnostic kit can re-set the "Dashboard" for various functions. For example, time to 12 or 24 hour clock, temp to degrees F or C, fuel consumption from gallons (Imperial or US) to litres etc.

On 1200's from 2006 onwards the indicator cancel could be extended, or switched off altogether, & at work we had all our R1200RT's done at first service.

When our 2012 RT's were delivered the "Off altogether" option had gone AWOL. but there still was the extend option.

When I bought my personal R1200R, literally a year ago, the tech. asked if I wanted the "Auto-cancel" off. When I said "I thought you could now only extend it" he replied "We've found out how to do it on these later models".

As I'm not a tech., I'm afraid I can't enlarge upon what exactly they did, but it works. As they're a main dealer I think it's fair to assume it involves the BMW in-house diagnostics, not the GS911.

On the latest R1200RT's, the rider can configure some functions via the handle-bar controller.

Archived