IGNORED

Using Phone While Stationary

moshe_levy

All-

I've got my Interphone Comm paired up with BMW Nav 5 and the sat radio on my Wethead. I am wondering about phone actuation while stationary.

Let's say for this example that the phone is stowed away in the phone compartment on the bike and plugged into the existing Apple charging cable.

1) Phone call comes in. "Answer or Decline" displayed on Nav 5 touchscreen. Is there ANY other way to answer or decline, other than to press this screen?

2) Outgoing calls - how do you make them? Is there any way except for pulling the phone out and manually dialing?

Just curious about what capabilities are available for stationary phone use.

-MKL

szurszewski

You're using an Interphone unit - yes? I have no experience there, but there must be a phone button of some sort on it - no? On a Sena paired just with the phone - not the bike - you push a button to answer an incoming call (not sure if you can/how to decline), and when not on the phone, pushing the same button will get you Siri and you can dial or do whatever you can do with Siri from there.

Ditto regarding the SENA (I have a SENA SMH10, a Nav V and an iPhone 6). I keep my phone in my tank bag. When I want to place a call, whether moving, or stationary, I simply press the "phone" button on the SENA and I get Siri. I then give my command, be it "call X at work", or "send a text message to x", or "read unread text messages", or "shuffle music" etc.

Are there any instructions with your intercom to suggest that there's a "phone" button?

I can seen my full directory and or dial from the Nav 5 using my Sena. I don't use SIRI as much as we don't get along very well.

I see the same. I just wanted to understand other options, and the tutorials online gave me some good clues.

-MKL

Panhandle Chuck
I can seen my full directory and or dial from the Nav 5 using my Sena. I don't use SIRI as much as we don't get along very well.

^This. While I haven't done it and yet to purchase a 20S, researching my options via 20S owners manual and many online forums, I believe the advantages to pairing your phone>NAV V>Sena is playing music from phone, viewing incoming calls, and accessing your phone contacts from the NAV V and/or copying your contacts to the NAV V. Although some have reported a loss in audio quality using this method.

I'm still researching my options cause I tend to hang onto them awhile, but the 20S is the front runner after owning a SMH10 and 5-FM.

Although some have reported a loss in audio quality

You might be thinking of me.

To be fair, it only affected the telephone audio. Music from the iPhone 6 was just fine. So was music and GPS instructions from the GPS. All the phone features worked, directory display, dialing, answering, etc. Just that the audio had noise (rapid clicking) superimposed over the telephone audio.

Also it wasn't a NAV V, but a Garmin Zumo 590.

I think I may also be down level on my 20S updates, but I didn't want to mess with it while I was on the road.

Stan

Archived