IGNORED

GSA Fuel tank on GS?

PanMan_3rdDan

PanMan_3rdDan

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know/have tried, to see if the R1200GSA fuel tank can fir the normal R1200GS (TE) model?

The reason I ask, is because 20 ltr fuel tank is too small for my needs, and my legs are too short for the GSA, even with the lowered seat.

Many thanks

Might be worth looking into a trade number. Unless a parts bike is available to you, you'll need to Bring More Wampum to your dealer.

GSA can now be had in a low version I believe.

Pat

PanMan_3rdDan

Hi Pat,

Thanks for the info with regards to a lowered GSA. I did some checking with my local dealer, and with lowered suspension plus lowered seat it does bring it down to 820 mm seat height. My current RT (2014) is 805 mm seat height (seat in low position), and the normal GS with seat in low position was 790 mm. I feel that 820 mm is just that bit too much for me (My 2010 RT was that height, and it was just that bit too tall for me). I will have to give this some more thought.

Cheers John

Ah, thought you already had the GS and was looking for more range.

Just a thought on the regular GS. I rode my Camhead out to Montana and then down through Colorado and back to Massachusetts, I never sweated fuel range. YMMV yuk yuk! :grin:

Will admit the GSA does look mo badass, though! :Cool:

Pat

I have the GSA conversion on my 05 GS. It's handy, but it is also heavy.

Me too on my 07 GS.....Shoulda just bought the GSA. Conversion plus Australian Cruise control and install was around 3600.00 from a dealer....Worth every nickel.

Me too on my 07 GS.....Shoulda just bought the GSA. Conversion plus Australian Cruise control and install was around 3600.00 from a dealer....Worth every nickel.

What is the Aussie cruise control? Different option for the other markets?

What is the Aussie cruise control? Different option for the other markets?

Matt, realize you're asking a different question and you may already know about this option, but figured I'd mention it.

Go Cruise is a neat little right hand rest that works very well! :thumbsup:

http://www.2wheelride.com/throttle_pro.html

Pat

MC Cruise Matt-

Great little cruise control for BMW, Harley, and others... Linky

Mine has worked well - no complaints.. Was a nice farkle to add when you forgot that you swore to never buy another BMW without cruise control as you were riding the new GS home from the dealer back in 2007....... :dopeslap:

• 2 months later...
PanMan_3rdDan

As the OP of this thread I just thought that I would give you all an update. I have decided to purchase a GSA with lowered suspension, and low seat. I found that I could flat foot (on one side) a standard GSA with low seat, so consider that with low suspension also fitted, that it should be manageable. I am not intending to do any serious off roading, so losing some of the ground clearance is not a worry for me.

Thanks for all the comments,

Did you use the supplied rubber band over the grip? Makes a significant difference. :thumbsup:

And to be honest, it's not going to come close to a factory setup but, for twenty bucks it saved my right wrist on a few long days.

Pat

lawnchairboy

I am its second owner, (it was on the GS when I bought it) but I don't know of a rubber strip / rubber band for it, that would explain a lot .

Did you use the supplied rubber band over the grip? Makes a significant difference. :thumbsup:

And to be honest, it's not going to come close to a factory setup but, for twenty bucks it saved my right wrist on a few long days.

Pat

I've used this for about 5 seasons now. It's been pretty good.

Throttle rocker

Archived