IGNORED

Reflective Kits for Wethead RT

moshe_levy

All-

I am gathering the first farkles before the bike arrives and, as usual, I went to Moto-Equip for the reflective kit. I don't see one for RT-LC. http://www.motoequip.com/RK.htm

Do they have one I don't know about? If not, where are you guys getting your kits from now?

-MKL

Duh... There it was the whole time. I saw K16 and didn't read further to see R1200RT-LC. Doh! Thanks!! I'm gonna order now. I've had these on every modern BMW I've ever owned.

-MKL

I'm gonna order now. I've had these on every modern BMW I've ever owned.

-MKL

I can't say enough for Fernando's (EffBee's) reflective kits. Had them on both of my RT's. If you ever follow a bike with this kit on the rear bags/topcase you will know why it think they are an important safety item!

Indeed. I've got some great pics of them on my bikes over the years. Just finished ordering. Thanks guys!

-MKL

Got mine in yesterday and put them on. Tried them out last night and they make a world of difference. If someone rear ends me now, they've really got to have their head shoved deep.

Too loud. I've used Fernando's kits for over 10 years now, and I can't count how many people asked me about them and then went and bought some for themselves. They're practically invisible during the day, but they are very effective at night. I'm loyal to that design and already purchased the full set for my RT. Thanks to all and to Fernando for the great product.

-MKL

I pulled a decal off of my bike and screwed up one of the pieces from motoreflective. They sold me just the single piece instead of a whole new kit. Very responsive on email and even sent me a pic to make sure they had the right one.

I pulled a decal off of my bike and screwed up one of the pieces from motoreflective. They sold me just the single piece instead of a whole new kit. Very responsive on email and even sent me a pic to make sure they had the right one.

Thanks, LongRider. And just so everyone knows the relationship between MotoEquip and MotoReflective, MotoEquip was the name of our original company, and it's still online and going strong, for now. A year ago when we saw that the domain name of MotoReflective.com was available, we thought it much more accurately described what we make. So we bought the domain and opened up a second website. Same products, same owners, same prices. In time, we will transition all motorcycle reflective business to the MotoReflective.com website. But both sites will probably run concurrently for at least another year or so.

Too loud. I've used Fernando's kits for over 10 years now, and I can't count how many people asked me about them and then went and bought some for themselves. They're practically invisible during the day, but they are very effective at night. I'm loyal to that design and already purchased the full set for my RT. Thanks to all and to Fernando for the great product.

-MKL

And thank you. Moshe. We've been at this now for 16 years, and we really like the product we produce. We use nothing but 3M's world class products, the brightest and most durable in the game. It cuts clean, leaving a smooth line and perfect radiuses (radii) for a great fit on your saddlebags. It goes on easily using what we call the Wet Method for installation, and it stays put.

But I want to make it clear that I'm not suggesting people NOT use a different product than ours. Use whatever you like. Just make sure you use SOMETHING. Because without reflective, at night a car driver doesn't see your bike as being any wider than the width of your taillight. But WITH reflective, your bike can be as much as 3-4 feet wide, lid to lid. You create a much greater "lane presence" and you get a lot more respect.

So pick a product or style and go with it. Above all, be safe.

Can I make a suggestion? Having just mounted my complete kit today, I am 100% satisfied with what came, and it went on perfectly as usual. BUT, I'd gladly pay you more for a larger kit with a bit more coverage, specifically forward facing on the saddlebags.

For example, here's a forward facing decal from my R1150RT kit.

swr313.jpg

I've got many leftover pieces from equipping 5-6 bikes over the years, and was going to cut something out to forward-face. Maybe you can produce a kit - call it "Extra Coverage" and charge more - that includes the front of the cases too. Cars approaching from oncoming traffic used to light that R1150RT up. Every little bit helps! Just my 2 cents.

-MKL

I'll have to look into it. When we did our Reflective Kit for the 1100 and 1150RT's, we also created a separate kit for the sides and front. It was a smaller kit, cost less, and sold modestly. If I'm not mistaken, that's one of the pieces from that kit visible on your bike.

I don't know - 10+ years ago at this point! When I shop for this stuff I get "everything" that fits, but maybe others don't. If I find something that works from my spares, I will take a picture and post it here. Could be there is zero R&D involved, which would make the prospect even more appealing. Give me a few days.

-MKL

• 2 weeks later...

Archived