A

L

E

Colorado

-------------

Oh look, you're riding the better end of my Moto-Scale Of Life! :grin:

Have a great ride Dave! :thumbsup:

Pat

In my opinion the Pyrenees are the true riding Nirvana... and I haven't been to Andalusia yet. ;)

Alps

-------

M

O

T

O

OF LIFE

S

C

A

L

E

Colorado

-------------

Oh look, you're riding the better end of my Moto-Scale Of Life! :grin:

Have a great ride Dave! :thumbsup:

Pat

In my opinion the Pyrenees are the true riding Nirvana... and I haven't been to Andalusia yet. ;)

Looking at my scale again, it appears that I have Colorado at the bottom. :dopeslap: Every place else I've ever been, begins under Colorado. :thumbsup:

Quoting TDN, well I've never been to Spain. ;) But, I'm sure it's very nice!

Pat

Guest Kakugo
If I ever make it back to this side of the pond, I'd really like to ride the Pyrenees.

Three road names for you, just in case:

Coll del Cantò

Puerto de las Coronas

Coll de Boixols

In my opinion las Coronas is the best road I've ever ridden.

We did the Pyrenees two years ago. Roads are awesome with less traffic, but the vistas of Switzerland are amazing. And we haven't even got to Italy, Austria and France yet!!!!!!!!!

Just uploaded a ton of photos to our blog from the passes around Andermatt. This place is motorcycle nirvana, except on weekends with all the bicycles and tour buses. Yesterday we did six passes in one day! Awesome.

I have never experienced anything like the riding down there. Your pictures are incredible. What happened to the blue RT on the side of the road?

• 3 weeks later...

loving the blog, I have had poor success with the weather in the Alps, everytime I go there by bike it pisses down :D last time we had to rush out of Lauterbrunnen before the river broke its banks :D there are some wonderfull roads in the area and fantastic views, if you get anywhere near the Black Forest, try and get across to the French Vosges,same sort of roads, same sort of views much less traffic :D

We started out in The Black Forest. Loved all the little back roads. So far we only had a few days of serious rain while traveling from one location to another. We had two days of light rain here in Hallstatt and just kicked back and enjoyed hanging around the lakeside village instead of riding. After 3500 miles, it's good to get off the saddle for a few days!

Guest Kakugo
We started out in The Black Forest. Loved all the little back roads. So far we only had a few days of serious rain while traveling from one location to another. We had two days of light rain here in Hallstatt and just kicked back and enjoyed hanging around the lakeside village instead of riding. After 3500 miles, it's good to get off the saddle for a few days!

If you can, hop across the border in the Vosges. I was there just yesterday and traffic was inexistent, a stark contrast to the Black Forest. Also the Route de Cretes (the road running amid the Parc de Ballons) is seriously fast. :thumbsup:

Oh, and on Monday we had 4°C and 10m visibility on top the Grimselpass at 13:00. And today I caught a few snowflakes on top of the Julierpass on my way home.

Really enjoyed both those passes several weeks ago when the weather was a LOT warmer. Satruday we are going to do the Grossglockner on our way down to Cortina, Italy. Hopefully the poor weather will break for our trip.

We'll definitely hit Vosges (and a lot more French Alps) on our way north from the south of France back to Germany in mid-September.

Great ride. No problems with buses, but way too many cars! Saturday is not the day to make the ride, but I loved it anyway! Posted a video on FB. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived