IGNORED

*OFFICIAL* 2016 UN Rally

Whip

I hope to be IN, but with all the life changes a-coming over the next 8-10 months, I can't commit for a while. Gotta finish school ... Gotta finish school ...

Tentatively IN.

I am still trying to figure out how I will pull this one off. Call me, Want to be IN!

I did some research though and I found that there a few breweries in Bozeman MT which is a mere 150 miles from the UN site.

Here are some links.......

Bozeman Brewing Company

Bridger Brewing

406 Brewing Company

Montana Ale Works

Red Lodge has their own brewery.

http://redlodgeales.com/home/

I am still trying to figure out how I will pull this one off. Call me, Want to be IN!

I did some research though and I found that there a few breweries in Bozeman MT which is a mere 150 miles from the UN site.

Here are some links.......

Bozeman Brewing Company

Bridger Brewing

406 Brewing Company

Montana Ale Works

Red Lodge has their own brewery.

http://redlodgeales.com/home/

Even more reason to try and get there.

OK. Now that I know about the Red Lodge brewery any excuse not to go is really lame. Just checked google maps and Red Lodge is only 9 hours from home. And late July is much better for me than June or missing the Calgary Stampede July 8-17.

So I am in!!!!

This will be my fIrst UN since UnX in LIttle Switzerland so I am way overdue to join you.

SK

lawnchairboy

a teaser....

this is about 50 feet out the back door of the UN facility.

what a place.

look forward to seeing you all next year.

IMG_2336-L.jpg

Looks like Sheila and I may well be in :)

Andy

Wow, better keep up on that one.

BTW the closest international airports are Salt Lake City and Calgary. Motorcycle and car rentals available from both. Billings, MT is serviced from Seattle, Denver, Salt Lake City and Minneapolis. Can get LHR -> SEA/MSP -> BIL with just one stop and then a 1 hr ride/drive to Red Lodge.

Mike Cassidy

a teaser....

this is about 50 feet out the back door of the UN facility.

what a place.

look forward to seeing you all next year.

Likey.

Gotta cross my fingers and hope the vacation request gets granted.

Mike Cassidy

Looks like Sheila and I may well be in :)

Andy

Wow, better keep up on that one.

BTW the closest international airports are Salt Lake City and Calgary. Motorcycle and car rentals available from both. Billings, MT is serviced from Seattle, Denver, Salt Lake City and Minneapolis. Can get LHR -> SEA/MSP -> BIL with just one stop and then a 1 hr ride/drive to Red Lodge.

Mike Cassidy

Thanks for the info Mike. I still need to sort out a couple of things this end to be certain, but it looks fairly likely.

Andy

Well I might as well move west to be with Whip and Louise as much as I'm going to be there in 2016! :wave:

In May I'm a delegate to the World Ranger Congress in Estes Park, CO, then in July it's back to CO for Butt Lite VIII at the beginning of July and then off to MT for the UN Rally later in the month.... really hoping I can get all the time off!!!

I will add three INs.......

One for me,

One for Hot Wifey, and

One for Peanut, aka Amelia.

Ima starting a pool now...... :rofl:

(Hope I lose it though.......)

Now I just have to figure out how to get there and back in a reasonable mount of time.

When he's not looking, hook a tow line to the back of Keith's GS. *WARNING* HTFO. :rofl:

Pat

Yippee Skippee! Can't wait. Oh Mr. Heck dibs on your spare room.

Welcome to it- however its 250 miles 1 way to Red Lodge from our place....... make a good day trip.... :grin:

Well there may be 3 of us headed due north after the rally. Will no more once I get the ferry schedules worked out. :grin:

I was sitting drinking my coffee this morning, house is quiet, everyone else is still asleep. I went and started to play around with routes around Red Lodge. OH BOY is this going to be fun! I am sure there will be routes put up but it was fun looking around.

Is it too early for an excited chatter thread?

Well there may be 3 of us headed due north after the rally. Will no more once I get the ferry schedules worked out. :grin:

Cool Deal !!!! Let us know- we'll figure it out!!!

• 3 weeks later...
This is getting REALLY hard to stay out of. I must find a way....

-MKL

Awwwww, come on, it's just a hop-skip-and a jump from Joisey. You can do it!! And just think how good that scotch will taste when you get there!!

Over 2,000 miles each way, after being at the MOA rally just 2 weeks earlier. I'm thinking of time off available.....

-MKL

Screw the MOA Rally and bring the entire clan to Red Lodge and Yellowstone.

Who loves ya baby!

First let me reintroduce myself. I have been a member since very early on have done a couple Unrally’s: Gunnison, Cody, BBQ at the Redmond BMW national rally, and several Tech Days including one I hosted in Morgan Hill Ca . Some where along the line life got in the way of these kinda of events, not a bad thing just life. The Point is I’m IN will be leaving from Lopez Island Wa. heading over Hwy 20. Plan to pick my days and book the room this weekend, but IN.

First let me reintroduce myself. I have been a member since very early on have done a couple Unrally’s: Gunnison, Cody, BBQ at the Redmond BMW national rally, and several Tech Days including one I hosted in Morgan Hill Ca . Some where along the line life got in the way of these kinda of events, not a bad thing just life. The Point is I’m IN will be leaving from Lopez Island Wa. heading over Hwy 20. Plan to pick my days and book the room this weekend, but IN.

15 years 129 posts

Looking forward to meeting you

John, What a surprise! :wave: Was thinkin about you the other day and our ride over "Going To The Sun Highway". :thumbsup: Glad you are going to make another UN. Will be good to see ya again. :Cool:

You forgot to mention you are number "39" :clap:

Much to the dismay of all, I can now proudly announce that I, too, am IN!! I just booked the room for myself, and will soon start a thread of flying in. Maybe we can put our heads together on that aspect of it, plus the car rental and all that other logistical stuff.

-MKL

Much to the dismay of all, I can now proudly announce that I, too, am IN!! I just booked the room for myself, and will soon start a thread of flying in. Maybe we can put our heads together on that aspect of it, plus the car rental and all that other logistical stuff.

-MKL

Great news!!!!!

Registered and Booked. Hopefully the Katoom and I are back together by then :thumbsup:

Russ

Very cool!

Wait - bike trouble?

ummm, yeah.......on a ride in August, Formerly Boney dodged a Prius but neglected to scare her off with that air horn on his GS so she kept going and she took me out :cry: I got a nice ambulance ride, 4 broken ribs, bruised lung blah, blah, blah. Could be worse......BUTT the poor (brand new) Katoom took a beating too. What looked like a bunch of scratches is up to $9800 in repairs so far :Cool: It should be back together in a month or so. Me.......I have a "consultation" with a Thoracic surgeon tomorrow........hmmm, not sure what to expect there.

not what you expected to hear, eh? :grin:

Russ

Edited by RT Russ

Not sure I had a expectation, but with a response like that, well, I'm just glad you're around to give it!

I hope the dr has good news tomorrow and that your ribs have mostly healed up - broken ribs are no fun at all.

In any case, looking forward to seeing you in Montana - even if it is a really LONG way off yet.

Edited by szurszewski