IGNORED

*OFFICIAL* 2016 UN Rally

Whip

......Counted something like two dozen 20mph switchbacks, which on an RT loaded for 16 days on the road, held a touch of challenge. Though if truth be told, it was probably my rubbernecking that was causing the wobbles. Fortunately the pucker marks on my seat got flattened out across North Dakota, so I showed up in WI looking like I'd aced it.

Can't wait to go back.

I can relate to your comments, FB. Been there, done that, and despite the pucker marks I sure had a great time putting my RT through its paces on the pass.

I hope that works out for you Burt. :clap: Looking forward to seeing you there next year. :wave:

Thanks. So do I. I missed two events this year. I'm hoping to be able to FART in September.

Think I'm going to have to put in some extra effort to make my 2nd UN.

Slacker. :P

I did a quick search on possible Whip Unrally logos. None were safe.

I didn't expect that. :P

Edited by Huzband
Just might have to do this one..........

You know you have to. This time I'm bringing my RT, and not saddled down by Gleno's busted up salvage-titled old-ass FJR... :Cool:

I did a quick search on possible Whip Unrally logos. None were safe.

I didn't expect that. :P

A google search of "Whip" resulted in images not safe? Who would'a thunk? :rofl:

Sorry, couldn't help it.

Perhaps 50 shades would be a good theme for this rally??

lets see 2,000 miles ONE WAY from atlanta to Red Lodge sure why not :-)

To those who've never been to Montana, the West, or a mountainous region, THIS is the rally you should attend so that you may tell your children and/or your grandchildren about the ride.

Trust me, I speak from experience.

Seriously.

'Nuff said.

Randy,

I seem to recall that you've got a truck and a rather spacious trailer, that might make a difference...

Me, I'm seriously considering a fly and rent, so I can enjoy the riding out west, without having to cross a few very flat areas, twice...

What Beemerboy said :thumbsup: I have been over the pass in a car, rv, van, and bike. All good, as long as the rv is not tooooo long :rofl: You owe it to yourself to ride Chief Joseph highway as well as Bear Tooth.

I went over Bear Tooth on the way to the UN this year and stayed in Red Lodge. We went across an upper road and valley that I had never been thru before in Yellowstone, Lamar Valley. I think this is where the large buff herd hangs out. I have a video I took of maybe 500-1000 buffs. Waay more than we have ever seen. I did not see any Wurty buddies. :Cool:

Randy,

I seem to recall that you've got a truck and a rather spacious trailer, that might make a difference...

Me, I'm seriously considering a fly and rent, so I can enjoy the riding out west, without having to cross a few very flat areas, twice...

Word :thumbsup:

Having never attended an UN, this might be a good start! 1800 miles is easy for me, but I need to figure out a way to get Mrs. realshelby there in comfort........

I'll be waiting for updates on how to reserve a room....

As noted Yes I have diesel truck and a very nice all aluminum trailer. I will trailer from atlanta to Fort collins, CO. Leave truck and trailer in Fort Collins with my son, and ride to Red Lodge from there.

However I will say until you get much closer to yellowstone, the roads out of Fort Collins to the south end of yellowstone are only average, so who knows maybe just visit my son and continue to drive up to Red Lodge. Depends on what roads I can find between Fort Collins and Red Lodge

As my son lives in Fort Collins and with the UnRally at Red Lodge, it makes the 4,000 round trip worth it :-)

I wanted to know how the off road riding for smaller i.e. 450 is in this area. Is it worth bringing the G450x VRS the tuono?

Chances are that I will not make this UN. Too bad as I have never experienced The great north west corner of Montana. It is still a very long way away. Stranger things have happened in my life so one will never know. Here's to the dream of making it!

As my son lives in Fort Collins and with the UnRally at Red Lodge, it makes the 4,000 round trip worth it :-)

Randy - It will be worth it even if your son is out of town! :thumbsup:

If there's any way on God's Green Earth I can make it, I will. Ron's photos reminded me of how I fell in love with Montana when I first visited. It's really amazing, one of the most beautiful places I've ever visited.

In- if the good lord's willing and the creek don't rise. I'll trailer again so she who helps me MT the Wallet can attend.

Sure hope I can get the time off.....if so, the Missus and I are IN. Nice little 300 mile ride......shouldnt hurt the butt too much :dopeslap:

Sure hope I can get the time off.....if so, the Missus and I are IN. Nice little 300 mile ride......shouldnt hurt the butt too much :dopeslap:

Did you just call Jessica a butt??? :lurk:

You need to clarify before this happens: shifan.gif

szurszewski
I've never seen a s^^t hitting the fan emoticon before...

Me either! My six year old really digs the animated ones, but I don't think I'm going to show him this one...he'd want me to explain it, and then I would; his mom's still not too thrilled about that happening with the BS emoticon...

That's because it's not one of the emoticons provided by the software this site runs on. If you hit the Quote button on Eddd's post, you can then see that he used a gif file from another location.

That's because it's not one of the emoticons provided by the software this site runs on. If you hit the Quote button on Eddd's post, you can then see that he used a gif file from another location.

EDDDDDDDD has way to much time on his hands. I guess his Community Service stint is over.

Edited by graydude

Sounds great.

Beth and I have begun talking about how...

We have the fun part of taking care of our 2 young grandsons in summer, and,

we are adding two more this year as Shannon is having twins,'so four boys under three will be interesting.

Family reunion scheduled for NY right around then.

But, we have a truck and a trailer cuz the 7,000 miles for a great circle route may be beyond me/us 2 up in summer heat and with time constraints.

Hey it worked getting us out to the UN at Lake Topaz when we had 6,000 miles back in forth w/6days to do it.

So we're in at least in spirit and will work on logistics with an open mind.

It would be great to see y'all.

:lurk:

No, I did not.....

No, I did not.....

No, I did not.....

No, I did not.....

No, I did not.....

No, I did not.....

No, I did not.....

No, I did not.....

No, I did not.....

No, I did not.....

No, I did not.....

shifan.gif

arrrggghhhh!!!

Francois_Dumas

Actually we need all the FL crew to attend....... 'mountains' will be something alien to them. They'll think "man, look at the giant garbage dumps they have here up north !!!"

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Don't forget the Bighorn's of Wyoming! Ten Sleep canyon HW 16 , Shell canyon HW 14 and also 14A.

Edited by TNT

IN.......it's on my calendar. Can't wait to ride Bear Tooth Pass again but more than that, I look forward to hanging out with some fine folks!

Russ

Yippee Skippee! Can't wait. Oh Mr. Heck dibs on your spare room.

Welcome to it- however its 250 miles 1 way to Red Lodge from our place....... make a good day trip.... :grin:

It's pay back time.

Oh, I could have SOOOOO much fun with this statement, but seeing as how I totally agree with Whip (this group is amazing) and he and Louise have been so generous while I've been on some of my crazy travels... :grin:

Registration will open September 1st.

Is it September yet?!

Going to be working hard to get this into the calendars (mine and Jennifer's). The area is so beautiful and it's such a great time of year to be there.

Thanks for doing all you're doing to put this together Whip!!! :clap:

Cheers,

Kirsten

It's pay back time.

10 years ago today I joined this board and everything changed for Mrs. Whip and me. Riding is no long what we do it is who we are. My closest and best friends are people I met through this board. When I think about the best times I have had it involves riding and people from this group. There is nothing better than showing up in a parking lot full of BMWST members and getting twenty hugs before you can get your helmet off.

This is our opportunity to do something special for the members of this board that have made our lives better.

Please join us in Red Lodge Montana July 25th-29th, 2016 at the Rock Creek Resort.

I promise to do everything I can to make this a great event.

Registration will open September 1st.

Pictures to follow.

Whip

It's on the calendar. Could be on the K or in the Merc. Time will tell.

It's on the calendar. Could be on the K or in the Merc. Time will tell.

I'd split gas with you to drag them someplace more fun to ride through...