IGNORED

09 GS speedo stuck at 49.9

Bud

roadscholar

It's your new recommended top speed Bud, BMW saw on here you put Shinkos on the GS. It's just an advisory, I wouldn't pay that much attention to it. :grin:

Seriously, if you had the wheels off recently could be an ABS sensor deal, I think they're related.

Haven't had the wheels off yet.

I was wondering if they used the ABS sensor on the front wheel to calculate speed.

I will be taking the wheels off to mount the new rubber.

See what happens after that's all done.

Tires came a couple of days ago and they look really good.

greiffster
PO never took it over 50 mph.

I actually don't remember the PO ever riding under 50.

I was wondering if they used the ABS sensor on the front wheel to calculate speed.

On the RT at least, the speedo works off the rear wheel speed sensor.

PO never took it over 50 mph.

I actually don't remember the PO ever riding under 50.

Maybe that's the problem. I haven't been going fast enough for it to register?????? :dopeslap:

BUD WHAT STUCK THE SPEEDO NEEDLE OR THE AVE SPEED DISPLAY?

Foot,

Don't make me drive down to Dunlap and hurt you! :mad:

What in the heck kind of new newfangled bike did you sell me that shows "Average Speed" in the rider display??? I mean, I mean really? :S:S This bike is 10 years newer than any Beemer I've owned. Who would have thought that BMW could be capable of such a thing????

Where is that little smiley that has a dog with his tail tucked between his back legs and is waling away???????

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm going back to my corner now.

And yes, since I can laugh at myself, the rest of you can laugh at me. :grin:

BTW thanks for giving me the Owners Manual. I guess I will actually have to read it before I make more stupid posts. :dopeslap::dopeslap:

Should we make it a sticky in DIY? In case others are having trouble. :grin: JK, you're a good sport.

• 3 months later...

Ikarus,

The 96 RT speedo definately work off the front wheel. I just had my speedo/odo unit in the front forks replaced when it quit. odo and speedo run off the same gear at the front axel.

Archived